"Santana Row" | Page 10 | FerrariChat

"Santana Row"

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SROC4, Jun 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OnTheLam

OnTheLam Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Good job, Jon and TJ!

2. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Yeah, thanks for doing this.

How can we get these rules "circulated"?

Kai

3. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

I'd say by throwing a handful of a 50/50 mixture of salt and pure granulated sugar into the air intakes of the first moron who starts revving his motor. The ensuing drama and message board posts (extra points for pics) should be enough to get the word out to the masses.

I kid, I kid. Sort of.

4. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    #229 blu328gts, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
  6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #231 miketuason, Oct 27, 2009
  7. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Haha, I may just print it out and put it on my windshield, lol.

Kai

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #233 ylshih, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    Can users who also frequent 6speedonline, rennlist, lotus, corvette, l4p and any other forums that have had an SR "meet" notice threads in the past, post Jon's summary of these rules there? Perhaps linking to Jon's post?

Also, could someone can print a few flyers to tape to a few of the central lampposts for the next few weeks (I'm not going to be able to attend this weekend) so that people who don't frequent the boards, but show up, get the word also?

In fact, the first rule (no revving - presumably no burnouts too!) was something we requested from the beginning; the other three are new ones from the SR management, but reasonably establish their interest in minimizing problems and misuse of the lot. I think the key here is to get a big enough group of regulars who are clued in to the expected behavior that we can self-police.

9. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    Seems like a good conversation starter to help spread the word. ;)

10. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    I agree 100%. I will print out a bunch to hand out to owners for them to put onto their own cars.

11. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    SR called me today to say thank you for everyone that comes on saturdays and to also thank TJ for staying on top of it.

I think my suspension has enough clearance for the bumpy road.

12. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Mine doesn't but I would be willing to sacrifice it for a good cause!!

13. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    fixed! :)

14. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    #239 toddjw73, Nov 2, 2009
    Hacienda Plaza in Dublin is more than large enough to hold a meet. BLACK HORSE Rob has been having meets here every couple of weeks anyways, so why not make it an every Saturday gathering that will be in a huge parking lot. The cars will be far enough away from the businesses, so hearing any "Noise" that will tick them off should not be a problem.
    The lot is pretty much empty until 10:30 or later. Starbucks and Red Tractor will be more than happy to have the business.

Just look at the comparison of the parking lots in these pics

Pic1 - Hacienda Plaza - Dublin
    Pic2 - Santana Row
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #240 BLACK HORSE, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    Yep... Thanks Todd for promoting the idea to move the Saturdays Santana Row meets to the “Dublin Exotics & Coffee Meet” in Dublin. Currently we don’t get harass by anyone just yet including the cops because we meet every other Saturday and we have the following restaurants: Applebee’s, Mexican Border Grill, Black Angus, Tomatina’s, Red Tractor Café, Fuddruckers, Macaroni Grill, Mini’s Cafe in the same complex if anyone wants lunch. Afterwards, if anyone want to go on a drive, there are places that we can drive too which includes 30 different wineries around the Tri Valley area, and the Paddock Livery which is located in Danville 15 min away, and Walnut Creek shopping areas for those individuals who money burning a hole in their pockets.

16. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    Part of the appeal of SR to me is that there are 3 different kinds of coffee places available within 5 minutes walk. Call me a snob, but Starbucks just doesn't cut it, and I need my fix in the morning. ;)

Speaking to some of the folks who come with their significant others and aren't into cars, the shopping choices are excellent, the setting is pleasant, and the food choices for lunch go beyond the usual chain fare. I guess that makes it more of a lifestyle meet than just car meet. Kind of nice sometimes.

I'm not saying SR is the be-all end-all, just that by taking these things into consideration when you're deciding on a location, it can broaden the appeal and make it easier for the gearheads to get a hall pass for the morning. ;)

17. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    +1

Kai

18. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    We gotta get you guys to join us for a drive in Marin one of these weekends! We hang out and chat, but always after a good spirited drive.

19. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Would love to ... but that means leaving the South Bay at 7am for an hour's drive to Marin :)

I'm not advocating moving the drive portion to a later time because traffic gets bad once people wake up and go about their day. For clear roads, it's best to leave as early as possible.

For me personally, I'd rather sleep in for the two days I don't technically have to work.

20. hiros

hiros Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2007
    NorCal
    I also have to drive an hour before the "real drive". Certainly things will be easier if it was closer, but in my opinion, was well worth it. You just have to see it for yourself. :)

21. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Honestly, the parking lot there in Dublin is not any more special (other than the great cars every few Saturdays) than any parking lot in the Bay Area. And it really isn't convenient for most people who would be bringing cars unless you live in the East Bay.

As stated before, comparing the atmosphere, they aren't the same. SR gives you your own private lot in the back. Can't beat that.

For someone like me, SR is 35 or so minutes away. I would guess that SR is 30 minutes or less for 90% of the attendees. Dublin is just over an hour for me and is probably 45 mins for the San Jose crowd. More for the Saratoga, Cupertino, Mountain View groups. My guess is that for 90% of the SR attendees, it would take them 45 mins or more to get to Dublin.

SR really is the center point for most people and is the most upscale place to host exotic cars. It's cool that you guys have your thing going. Once in awhile you all can and will come down there and once in awhile we all can and will come up there.

For most people, the choice is.....

1. Drive longer to sit in the Dublin lot
    2. Drive less to sit in the Santana Row lot

It just makes sense to have it there.

22. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    #247 Itzkirb, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    I live about 8mins from Hacienda Crossings and I still prefer making the drive out to SR...but it's all about the people for me, not so much the cars. So I go where the people I know go and so far that's been SR.

23. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    I REALLY want to make it out for one (or more!) of your drives. Reading about them makes me drool. I promise we'll do it as soon as track days/honey burnout is not a factor. :D

24. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Ahhhh yeah. I've been meaning to talk to you about that........

The guys and I talked and we think you should start going to Dublin.

Your friend,
    Bill

Ha!! Just busting your chops my friend. I don't think I have seen you since the Fremont photo shoot.

25. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Yeah, we started up a collection and almost have enough for a one-way ticket to Ireland on Jet Blue for Kirby! :)