Santa came early this year with #00504 | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Santa came early this year with #00504

Discussion in '206/246' started by pshoejberg, Nov 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhatFrank

PhatFrank Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Norway
    Once again, amazing work Peter.

2. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #277 pshoejberg, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So finally got the call from the taxman that my plates were finished. The number is the closest I could get to something that indicates the car type and still are historic correct in Denmark. Drilling holes in the car was a bit scary but went easier after the first one. Plates need to safely secured to the car either by screws or rivets according to local law. By the way, I am in need of some professional help regarding the cylinder pin bolts on my early L-series; does anyone know where I can buy a set? I plan to change them all out this winter when I have to check valve clearance etc. after the first driving season.

Best regards

Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ribolla_67 likes this.
  3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #278 pshoejberg, Apr 11, 2017
  4. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Here is a short update from sunny Denmark. I have now fine adjusted my carburetors according to the Superformance procedure and to some extend Rob's procedure from Dino246.com. I followed Rob's general recommendation to increase the idle jets (0 - 3000 rpm jets) from 0.50 mm to 0.55 mm and this made a world of difference. Before the change there were a slight hesitation below 3000 rpm, but that has disappeared completely and the car runs like a charm. I'am really surprised how nice and clean this little power plant is running. Also starting first time when cold or hot. I just give full throttle if engine is very hot and it jumps to start immediately. Yesterday I past 1000 Km of driving in the Dino after renovation and all of them have been with a grin on the face....This is a very fun car to drive and so different from my injected 308qv.

Happy driving to all

Peter

5. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    :)
    Fabulous!

6. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Peter wonderful to hear that your Dino is running well. I too found the idle jet size change to be a massive improvement eliminating some lean stumbling below 3000 rpm. In fact the idle jets (despite their misleading name) generally make the biggest impact on how these engines run.

Enjoy the drive :)

7. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #282 pshoejberg, Aug 6, 2017
    The cars previous and third owner, Mr. C. Bugge came on inspection visit yesterday all the way from Norway. He approved the car with only one comments regarding one slightly misaligned reverse lamp. I took that as a complement....-:) We spent a full day kicking tires, test driving and speaking about our favorite subject; old cars. Bugge also brought his own photograph (Son in law) that took a lot of fine pictures.

Happy summer
    Peter

Ribolla_67 likes this.
  8. afer

afer Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Uruguay, S. America
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Ferraro
    Fantastic restoration work Peter. Congratulations. The car look better than new.
    Regards, Alvaro

9. rbsloan11

rbsloan11 Karting

Apr 25, 2007
    Carmel
    Full Name:
    Rob
    absolutely beautiful

10. 1974308gt4

1974308gt4 Rookie

May 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    such a beautiful work!

11. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    100% agree with your sentiment.

I bought a Mercedes Pagoda about 18 months ago that had an award winning restoration, but was almost un driven for ten years.

As with your car it has excellent rust protection and with care has been used consistently (including 3k miles through the UK winter) by myself, almost as a daily.
    Although the car has the odd stone mark on the paintwork at the front, and is not quite as shiny underneath, with a good valet it could look like it did when I bought it. It also drives far better now than when I bought it.
    The morel of the story is that the previous owner ,in my opinion, was far to precious about his car and missed the massive pleasure of regularly driving a well sorted example of the marque.

I think this tale easily transfers to a lot of restored Dinos.

Drive your car and enjoy the fruits of all your hard work.