Santa Barbara Cars and Coffee is on!!! | FerrariChat

Santa Barbara Cars and Coffee is on!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Monteman, Oct 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    #1 Monteman, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Sorry it took so long but I think we're ready to kick off the Santa Barbara Cars and Coffee. It will be every Sunday morning from 8AM to 10Am on the central part of Coast Village Road in Montecito. Just exit the Olive Mill Rd. exit from the 101. You really can't miss it. There are quite a few restaurants and coffee shops there in the area to grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee. The area we're targeting is the mid section of the road near the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. There is a large area of shops there that don't open until later in the day.

Our main request is to please keep the parking immediately in front of the restaurants open for their regular business and please no burn outs or revving of engines. That will quickly bring things to a closure.

I'll be there this Sunday in my black 355 and then heading out to the Santa Barbara Concours from there. Please help spread the news and I hope to see the central coast folks there.

2. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    Are English cars allowed?

3. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Absolutely. I've invited the Porsche, Alfa, Jaguar, Woodie and Classic car guys as well. I love great cars and enjoy seeing all types so I hope we have some fun cars show up. I'm always amazed at what unbelievable cars people have holed up in their garages around here.

4. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hi Monte,

Thanks for getting this off the ground. I will also try to make it there on the 7th. My in-laws are coming in for a visit, but I'll be happy to ditch them for a few hours.

5. NMG

NMG Rookie

Jan 31, 2008
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Sweet, literally a one minute walk from my house...

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    As long as they arrive and leave under their own power..

I kid! I have an XJR I love to bits.

7. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nice! I'll be there this Sunday then.

Bob, the Stradale only has a 25 gallon tank... think you'll be able to make it?

8. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I've committed both cars to the Polo fields for the Concour d Elegance on Sunday.

9. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Rob, you must be in the circle of trust. When I tried to learn more about registering I got the feeling they weren't interested. Oh well....

10. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    They are. I spoke with Phil this morning to register a 355 for judging.

But now that means I won't be able to stop by Cars and Coffee as I need to be there at 8.

11. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    hmmmm.... :rolleyes: This sounds like a good excuse for "Brunch at Bacara" :)

12. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like Cava and you can walk there from the meet. :)

13. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Thanks everyone for a nice turnout for our very first event. Based on the positive reaction and number of flyers handed out at the Concours, I think we'll likely see quite a few more cars show up next weekend. Pics to follow.

14. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    C&C #2 this weekend. I'm hoping to see some of the people that were at the Concours come join us. Pics to follow.

15. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    It was a pleasure meeting everyone today. I will be in AZ doing an off-road + Grand Canyon trip next weekend, but will try to make it next Sunday.

16. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #17 m5guy, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Thats a nice turn out you have going! I should be able to start coming in Febuary once I have my license!

18. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sorry I missed you guys today. It looked like rain up here in the north county. Going over to Vegas for annual service at Wynn next weekend.

19. kenferrari

kenferrari Rookie

Nov 4, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Nice turnout and I'll be stopping by to meet owners this next Sunday the 15th. Monte thanks for the call the other day.

20. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ken, good speaking with you today. I'm looking forward to helping out with next year's Concourse D'Elegance.

Monte, As soon as my schedule lets up, I'll be up there for the Sunday get together.

21. kenferrari

kenferrari Rookie

Nov 4, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Sounds good Jason. Anyone else that would like to help out for our 2011 Concours d' Elegance Ferrari class would be gladly welcome. I'd like to make this a premiere venue for Ferrari owners with special attention to well thought out classes and seasoned dedicated judges. I'm starting to assemble a committee now. Ken (805) 886-7634

22. Mark_M5

Mark_M5 Karting

Nov 14, 2006
    Ventura County, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'll keep my fingers crossed about possibly joining the group in a little red car soon :)

23. jeff430

jeff430 Rookie

Apr 12, 2009
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    Thanks for organizing! Just a heads up ... the BEST coffee/espresso/cappuccino in town (Italy quality) is at the French Press ... near the corner of State & Figueroa. I will try to be there on 11/21 with my 2007 F430! Look forward to meeting you all.

24. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Just a reminder to come join us this weekend. The event has grown very nicely with more cars coming out. Hope to see everyone this Sunday morning.