[San Marcos] A little fun at H2R 6/17/10 | FerrariChat

[San Marcos] A little fun at H2R 6/17/10

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TexasMike, Jun 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Those sure are some sweet cars! Good to see the owners enjoying them, it must have been fun.

I know it's nothing new, and I may have said it before, but that 348 Challenge looks so awesome! :) IMO the whole theme is well incorporated into what the car really is. And I'm sure it flies too. ;) Very cool...

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Awesome pics man thanks for sharing.

Gregg

3. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great pictures and cars!

4. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Great pics Mike! My favorite are the water droplets on the F40.

5. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I'm going to shock you I'm sure by saying this Mike....But, nice photos, lol. I think that's the first full shot I've seen of Wes' challenge with the full paint scheme, looks great. Nice to see he took the F40 for a jog as well. BTW, if you go on another outing, I just bought this Hero HD with a car mount that supposedly records in 1080p HD as well as widescreen, in case you're interested. Supposedly knocks out ALL wind noise so you'll just hear the exhaust note. I'm curious to see how it does, if you ever want to try it out, let me know. I was going to try it on my Rx7, but got rid of the car to pursue another project.

Great pics!

6. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Nice, Mike! Great lineup of cars! Thanks for sharing. Did you happen to shoot any video? Just askin'... :)

7. jenniferq

jenniferq Formula 3

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    You are a lucky man, Mike...Nice photos as always. I'm off there next Friday for some lessons in the Cali with Bo...can't wait!

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I just happen to be at the right place at the right time every now & then. :)

BTW, I told Bo that you had just bought the Cali when you guys where hopping in the car. I told him how frequently you have been driving it & how you attend all the events you can. That's when he said, "OKay..! I have to give her one of my business cards." and he ran out to the car. :D So I guess you can blame me if you get addicted to that place. :)

9. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I too loved the water droplets(sp?). What are you shooting with now Mike? I still have my old D50, but want to pick up something new if worth it. This Hero HD has been pretty enjoyable so far, going to test it out on the MazdaSpeed6 next week in Leaky on 337 and see how it holds up. I'd love to see a full lap vid of H2R with the F40. I love seeing cars get driven, thanks for the visual experience Mike!

10. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #13 TexasMike, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    I'm still using the D50 also. My 18-55mm broke so all I'm using now is a 50mm 1.8D.

Thanks for the offer. If I know I'm going to the track again I'll let you know. This event happened with short notice & was supposed to be low-pro because of a couple of "important" people from your neck of the woods. I almost didn't want to pull my camera out at all.

11. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Miguel...as always, very nice shots. Heard a bit about it from my trainer today. (owned the big black cobra). He said it was a great day with a few special guests--not just special cars like th Zo and F40. Glad you got to enjoy. Hope I can make it next round... :)

12. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    wow... very impressive.