San Francisco Exotic Parking (Dinner & Theatre Plans) | FerrariChat

San Francisco Exotic Parking (Dinner & Theatre Plans)

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by m3the01, Feb 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    Hi All,

Curious if anyone can suggest solid parking near the Orpheum Theatre? Hoping to drive the gt2rs for a rare date night with the wife, coming from San Jose.

Ty for the suggestions,

2. Kingair33

Kingair33 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
  3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I took my 360 to S.F. and parked in this parking lot. After doing some shopping, Jessica and I were walking back to the car. We were about 50 feet from the car when we saw a family in an old Honda Accord pull right up to the rear of my car until they were touching. As they got out of the car, I mentioned to the driver, "you hit my car" in as calm a voice as I could muster. "No I didn't!" was his knee jerk reply. I motioned for him to join me where the two cars were touching, and you could see how his front bumper had actually bent my license plate inward and was holding it there. So he says, "so you think I should move??", to which I replied, "Ya think??". I'm sure it was an abberation.

4. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    What parking lot was this? I live in SF and fortunately I have not had an incident like this "yet".

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #5 freshmeat, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    That’s one of the sketchiest parts of town and there are no nearby parking garages for the public only a few “open lots”. But there’s a bunch of gated condo/office garage parking though so if you know someone you can ask for guest parking and that would be your safest bet.

I wouldn’t even park my Macan on any of the streets there esp not during the evening/night hours, f that. Just before the lockdown I had dinner at Birdsong which is just a few blocks away and as we waited for our uber to arrive, we saw 4 smashed car windows. That area is riddled w dope heads and transients.

Even on our reservation confirmation, the birdsong staff recommended uber‘ing vs driving if possible citing the challenges of both finding parking and safety of vehicles.

I live by Glen Park in the city, and almost never drive any car to city spots that don’t have vip / secure parking. Even going to the marina, it’s not worth it...between dumbass drunks to incompetent parkers or both it ain’t worth it; seen too many mishaps to even think about it. Restaurants that I’m a regular at in the city hold a spot in front for me when I have a reservation, and if it’s shopping in downtown, I have access to the reserved parking section at the top level of union square.

6. action-ant

action-ant Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Check out NEMA at 10th and Market. They have valets, will park your car at their garage top level. I used to live there and they would leave the high end cars on the top level and park all the other cars below with lifts on top of other cars.

7. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Forgive me, I just got back to this thread. I should have been more clear. A fellow F Chatter had mentioned that he had a good experience in the Civic Center parking lot and that's when I replied. This was the same parking lot where I had a bad experience. In fact, I had two bad experiences in the Civic Center parking lot, the other where I had a scratch three feet down the side of my Ferrari that ended with a dent. Fortunately, I was able to completely buff out the scratch and Chris from Diablo Dents was able to take the dent completely out. You'll never see me in this parking lot in my Ferrari again.

8. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Oh, ok. I have parked my DD there before without any problems, but I don't think I would park my Ferrari in there. Too many sketchy people in that part of SF.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. I'd have a heart attached if I saw a scratch like that on my F car :mad: