San Diego Fire | Page 10 | FerrariChat

San Diego Fire

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rrobello, Oct 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    in case anyone is still looking for info here is an update as of 1am, most of the info came from Fox News and CBS

RICE FIRE-
    ALL OF FALLBROOK IS UNDER MANDATORY EVACUATION
    7500 Acres have burned
    10% Contained
    Full Containment expected by Oct. 28
    Full Control expected by Nov. 5
    One firefighter has been injured.
    Over 200 residences have been destroyed, as well as 2 commercial properties, 40 outbuildings, 91 vehicles and 20,000 avocado trees.
    40,000 people have been evacuated

WITCH FIRE (Rancho Bernardo, Poway, Ramona, Escondido, Lakeside, Valley Center, Rancho Sante Fe, Julian, Cielo, Crosby, Olivenhein, Encinitas, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Etc.)-
    FIRE IS CURRENTLY THREATENING JULIAN AND PINE HILLS, JULIAN UNDER MANDATORY EVACUATION.
    196,420 Acres have burned
    1% Contained....referring to 1% of all the areas listed above combined.
    12 Firefighters injured, 1500 firefighters assigned to this fire
    Currently working east towards Julian. (A couple hours ago was the main threat was still the Lake Hodges area)
    On the Julian front firefighters have the fire line 10% contained
    In RSF, Cielo, Del Mar areas the fire is contained....residents including those of Encinitas, Olivenhein, and Solona Beach allowed to return home.

POOMACHA FIRE (76, La Jolla Indian Reservation)-
    20,000 Acres have burned
    0% Contained
    10 Firefighters injured, 218 assigned to this fire
    50 homes destroyed

HARRIS FIRE-
    CURRENTLY THREATENING RANCHO SAN DIEGO AND CHULA VISTA
    72,000 Acres Burned
    0% Contained
    Full Containment expected by Oct. 31
    Cost of fighting just this fire so far is $2.1Mil
    21 civilians injured, 1 killed
    4500 People evacuated more being mandated
    200-500 homes burned, 1500 have been threatened
    1200 personal fighting this fire

CORONADO VALLEY FIRE (San Marcos)-
    No details on the specifics, but earlier today they stated it was 100% contained.
    San Marcos/Coronado Valley, San Elijo, Carlsbad residents have been allowed to return home.

2 More fires on Camp Pendleton with no info being currently reported on those. However earlier today 1300 residents were reported having been threatened by first, the second is by the amo dump by the Fallbrook gate near the Rice fire and had burned about 300 acres. Amunitions Rd is now closed to evacuies from the Rice fire.

2. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    5 freeway closed both directions between basilone and las pulgas, fallbrook evacs need to go to Mira Costa College as evac center

and the EL CAPITAN FIRE that was started last night is now out.

3. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Glad to hear everyone here is safe. I feel for everyone who lost a home though. I spent several hours gathering pictures, came to the conclusion that the photo's, family movies, my computer (digital pics), and a few important papers were the only things really worth saving. I heard it before, realized it really is true. Physical possessions are just that, memories can't be replaced. I REALLY feel for those who had to evac immediately and lost those simple pieces of paper capturing moments in time. Sad.

I would like to extend kudos to channel 8's website, cbs8.com. Clean and simple in these troubled times. Went to channel 10's, they still wasted time loading ads and commercials when all you want is info. thumbs down. Didn't check channel 7's or KUSI's.

4. petert

petert Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Amen to that. One of my favorites!

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks, responded to your PM. I hope your 328 is safe!

There must be ash everywhere by now. :(

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Has anyone heard from Tom Shaughnessy?

Howza bout Malcolm?

I hope all is well.

Dale

7. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I can move my daily driver out of the garage and store an exotic for the time being. PM me and we'll make it work. I'm in Oside.

8. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Excellent news Jon! They removed the evac for our area and we returned yesterday afternoon. Checked in with Bullfighter and all was well with him and his area. I have one extra garage spot if anybody needs to park a car; I'm on Penasquitos Canyon near Camino Ruiz and Calle Cristobol/Sorrento Valley Rd. PM today if you can use the space as I will be out of town tomorrow for the weekend (have guests staying at my house so your car won't be sitting in an unoccupied house). Good luck to all; hopefully the worst is behind us at this point.

9. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Actually, when things were looking grim here on Monday, I couldn't get the car anywhere. If the fires had come closer I might have moved it out to a big parking lot away from the trees/burning houses as a last desperate option.

Thanks Eric for the call/offer to stay at your place.

Yes, things are looking safer today in my immediate area, although 4S Ranch was still under evacuation orders last night so I had a refugee/friend over here last night. Still worried about friends in Escondido and Ramona.

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

very pleased to hear the good news and thank you for the updates jon.

best,

pcb

11. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Malcolm is fine and just left for Austrailia for 3 weeks last night, as I dropped him off at the airport, and my wife and I have been staying with them since our mandatory evacuation on Monday morning.
    Best regards to all,
    Gary Bobileff
    Bobileff Motorcar Company in San Diego

12. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Thoughts With You!!!!!

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

great to hear that you are well gary!

pcb

14. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    well since we are now worried about the cars, remember to wash that ash off...it can start to damage paint, I know its gonna keep getting more ash on it but I would periodically hose it down at least and dry it off until you can get it back into a garage.

if anyone needs a place to do that I can provide the faucet and hose, bucket, soap and microfibers to do a quick wash in the street here......oh wait let me double check my car shampoo supply, unless u just want to hose it off

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    ... and let me add to this, don't let anyone write "Wash Me" on any surface of the car with their fingers - the debris (ash, etc.) on the exterior is very abrasive. Use caution.

16. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Our home I think is ok, but the national guard has not let us in yet,
    I fear one of our bretheren is not so lucky......

Its bad.

Mark

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks for the update. Pray for rain!

Dale

18. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    :(

Mark, you're in Poway?

19. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Just got back to the house this afternoon. We spent ther last few days in the motor coach at Mission Bay. We live on the South side of RSF. The sherriff dept are are not letting anyone through the area due to looters.

Darrell.

20. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark

Santa Fe Valley by RSF.

21. CApg4

CApg4 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    California
    Full Name:
    Curtis
    Hope to see this fire die down soon, i could smell the smoke in the air 24/7.

as for my self, my home is not in the the fires path...

good luck to all.

22. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    I heard they stopped all trains from coming and going from down there. My aunt and uncle were supposed to leave tomorrow on a cruise, that might be on hold. I hope everyone stays safe overnight.

23. GARY4RE

GARY4RE Karting

Jan 23, 2005
    La Jolla
    Full Name:
    Gary Peterson
    Darrell, really glad to hear that you, Jon, and others are ok! We were staying at the Hilton in Del Mar since Monday and just got back into the Ranch this afternoon. The Hilton was also evacuated for a few hours on Tuesday, but they let us back. Other than a great deal of ash everything looks pretty normal.

We really do owe a sincere thanks to all of the members of the fire department and other emergency personnel for all of their support!

Gary

24. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    #249 omgjon, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran