Sad News...Coach I passed away today! | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Sad News...Coach I passed away today!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Dincenzo, Jul 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    Several of us made it down to the Memorial service yesterday. It was a wonderful tribute to Coach, and we all were treated to several testimonials from his friends, family, and former players. All spoke of an honest and dedicated man who will be deeply missed. His sons were especially eloquent, and brought a smile to many of us with some of thier stories. Julie was deeply moved. It was clear the the love of her life was taken far too soon.

Truly a day of remembrance, and reflection.

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I wanted to make it down for the memorial, but things didn't work out. Samir it is clear you loved your brother. It seems Coach lived quite a full life albeit shorter than anyone would wish. He had accomplished so much with his team, and acquired a dream collection of Ferrari's at his lakeside estate. His story should be told as an inspiration for others. I'm sure we will have several events/tributes to him on the horizon. God Bless your family Samir!

3. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Sorry to hear of this sad news!

4. samiraline21

samiraline21 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 28, 2007
    Castaic,Ca
    Thank you very much for the warm words , we lost our loving mother last year and now my brother . It is hard to be alone now with no family , but thank God i still have my lovely wife where she is much stronger than me when it comes to losing the love once , Julie and his two kids are strong but we middle eastern People when it comes to death in the family we take it ver sad and it takes long to recover . Sorry but it is our nature , we warn for 40 days on the person that was lost , and we close our business for at least 7 days , that is respect to the lost once , unlike here no one cares life keeps going , everything in life here is money, sorry to say that . But may my brother rest in peace where ever his sole is.Amen
    God Bless
    Samir M Ibrahim

5. samiraline21

samiraline21 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 28, 2007
    Castaic,Ca
    #155 samiraline21, Jul 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
    <removed by admin at request of family>

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #156 rob lay, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
    hey Sam, glad you are posting here and taking part in our remembrance of Coach, let’s keep the family stuff family and offline. Thanks!

7. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    RIP The coach left this world as I hope to do. Standing up and able to swinging a golf club.

8. anatomycoloringbook

Mar 12, 2004
    charlotte, nc
    Full Name:
    Kyle S.
    wow this is unbelievable! My thoughts are with the family.

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Sorry to post so late on Coachi's passing.
    I have been very busy with work and just found this thread yesterday. Wanted a day to compose my thoughts.

I regrettably did not know Coachi personally yet we seemed to form a bond here at Fchat.
    His love of Ferrari's is a given.
    He had a somewhat unique point of veiw in the Politics and Religion section based upon his Lebanese heritage. A point of veiw based upon experience not conjecture. His seemed always to be a voice of reason and compassion.

He shared his advice to my son on college selection and priorities while going to school here;

#14 04-17-2008, 02:40 PM
    coachi
    Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed Join Date: May 2002

I think it is best that the person going to college chose the one he would be moist comfortable with. As a former Div I soccer coach, I coached many kids in my career; always advised them that their educations were more important than anything else. After all, I had a Ph. D. in chemistry myself. Many of my soccer players went on the become quite successful in their lives since graduation. One is the president of an NFL franchise now. He was a straight A student, and played for me for four years, two of which were national championship years.

Those who can play a sport and are serious students should do both. The tutoring programs they have these days for varsity athletes are amazing.

So if I was the parent, I would send him anywhere he chooses and would not discourage him from anything he chooses. I am thrilled my oldest has a law degree and is now a law professor. I sent him to the schools he chose and paid for it. It was worth every penny. He was not a soccer player by the way even though I tried to make him one. He is a son I am extremely proud of.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Farewell my compadre.

11. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida &amp; NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    I just returned from vacation & heard the very sad news of Coach I's passing......

Spent some time talking with him at the Ferrari Cup Challenge event & more recently (a few weeks ago) on the phone.

I will miss him.

With sadness,

Joe

12. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Hes gone to a better place, god bless him. The Ferrari community as well as the world has lost a great man.

13. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    I too remember it like yesterday when he posted about aquiring his F40. sad day :(

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I can hardly believe that it has now been a week since Coach I left us. The laughter, the good times, and memories will always be there.

Julie, Coach I's widow has instructed in lieu of flowers, please send donations directly to the organizations listed below. The Islamic Society was especially helpful, but either will be very much appreciated by the family.

Charitable Contributions to Either Charity

Clemson Rotary Club

http://www.clemsonrotary.org/07officers.htm

Islamic Society of Clemson

http://www.clemsonmasjid.org/islam.html

15. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Very sad to hear this. My condolences to the family.