[SA] Church of the Three Sisters Drive | Page 2 | FerrariChat

[SA] Church of the Three Sisters Drive

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ...m..., Aug 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    On one of the group drives out in the Hill Country Wes and I were in the F40 and a guy in a big truck swerved into our land and came at us head on, we slowed down and he got back into his own lane. It was the only time I have ever seen anything like that.

2. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    #27 sTyleR, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    It’s too bad that officers aren’t usually present to witness these types of situations. There is absolutely no excuse for such actions.

3. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    #28 ...m..., Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    ...well, this is the same drive i organise on the lotus site, and in fact i was leading the group when what may well be the same slow-going truck took umbrage at being passed and ran one of our cars clear off the road...it was only a one-time incident, and a very atypically late morning after we lost a couple of hours due to a 348 in our group breaking down, but in retrospect, i really wish i'd been clear-thinking enough at the time of our confrontation to get a plate number and call in a report of assault...

...where exactly did you encounter the truck, mike?..our incident was along the last few miles of 336 driving back into leakey, late sunday morning, but if this is a recurring problem, i think it's important that we get word out amongst the community to be extra-vigilant of taking records if it happens again...apparently at least two very experienced and conservative motorcyclists have died riding the three sisters over the past two months with no obvious cause for loss of control, which may or may not be related to our rogue pickup...

...anyway, our sunday dawn drives have been, with the one exception noted above, pleasantly uneventful with wide-open roads all to ourselves...we leave at civil dawn (twenty-four minutes before sunrise, when it's just bright enough to see well) and generally don't encounter any bikes, law enforcement, or other traffic on the road before the final return leg through bandera around ten-thirty in the morning...

4. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I'm really not sure. We usually take a different route each time so I'm not sure which road we were on or were we were heading that day. It was at least a year ago, maybe two. I do remember that it was in that general area.

5. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    All my riding in that area is done on sport bikes. I have no idea about his radar systems, but I have seen him in a hiding place off of a turn on 337 going up the mountain towards Leakey. He has also issued tickets N of Leakey on 336, and he busted some friends on 55 South of Barksdale. Once he has you pulled over, he is a real stickler for the paperwork, and will issue as many as 3+ tickets for anything expired or missing. He pulled over 9 bikes one day and manged to issue 17 citations, even though only a couple were pulled over for speeding.

Maybe he likes cars, but he does not like sport bikes, and I have heard him say so.....not on "his" roads.

6. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    Spirited Drive Sunday Morning
    It's the first weekend of spring and the perfect opportunity to chase thunderstorms westward!

Join us for one of the Hill Country's most glorious runs this Sunday, March 22. We'll meet in front of Exxon at Interstate 10 and Ralph Fair Road 3351 at 6.51 AM, and will leave promptly at 7.11 AM. Civil dawn departure is essential to keeping clear roads; this is really worth waking early for.

You're Invited.
    Church of the Three Sisters is an at-will drive open to all makes and models of sportscars. Our spirited tour will cover approximately 260 miles in four to five hours, driven conservatively. Maps will be distributed before our departure Sunday morning.

Feel free to pass along this invitation responsibly - hope to see you there!

Drive Reports and Discussion

7. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    Spirited Drive Saturday Morning
    Summer's nearly upon us - don't miss this last chance for a cool morning run before the heat sets in!

Join us for one of the Hill Country's most glorious runs this Saturday, May 16. We'll meet in front of Exxon at Interstate 10 and Ralph Fair Road 3351 at 5.57 AM, and will leave promptly at 6.17 AM.

This month we deviate from our usual circuit to rendezvoux with the Austin crew from Hill Country Drives. We'll finish up at this weekend's Military Appreciation Car Show benefitting wounded veterans, so why not make a day of it?

You're Invited.
    Church of the Three Sisters is an at-will drive open to all makes and models of sportscars. Our spirited tour will cover approximately 260 miles in four to five hours, driven conservatively. Maps will be distributed before our departure Saturay morning.

8. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    Please visit this poll to select the DAY and LOCATION which you find most convenient for staging our ongoing spirited tours into the Hill Country.

9. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    Carpe Diem!
    Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year - what better opportunity to experience your car the way it was meant to be driven? Join us for one of the Hill Country's most glorious runs next Sunday, June 21, at dawn.

Note the new location - we'll meet beside Chevron at Stone Oak Parkway and Huebner Road 5.47 AM, and will leave promptly at 6.07 AM. Civil dawn departure is essential to beat the heat, literally and figuratively - this is really worth waking early for.

You're Invited.
    Church of the Three Sisters is an at-will drive open to all makes and models of sportscars. Our spirited tour will cover approximately 260 miles in four to five hours, driven conservatively. Maps will be distributed before our departure Sunday morning.

Please visit this poll to select the DAY and LOCATION which you find most convenient for staging our ongoing spirited tours into the Hill Country.

10. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    Church of the Three Sisters is an at-will drive open to all makes and models of sportscars.

Our route features many twisted roads and elevation changes with a few nice deserted straights for good measure. Although this is a technically challenging circuit, there's absolutely no pressure for anyone to drive faster than they're comfortable - we'll wait for the entire group at each waypoint before moving onward. It's a gorgeous drive at any speed.

Maps will be distributed before our departure Sunday morning. Hope to see you there!

11. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    Spirited Drive Sunday Morning!
    Experience your car the way it was meant to be driven - join us for one of the Hill Country's most glorious runs this Sunday, July 26.

When: 6.06 AM Sunday Morning, July 26
    6.26 AM Departure
    Where: Tetco Chevron
    19185 Stone Oak Parkway
    Stone Oak, San Antonio

Note the current location - we'll meet beside Chevron at Stone Oak Parkway and Huebner Road 6.06 AM, and will leave promptly at 6.26 AM. Civil dawn departure is essential to beat the heat, literally and figuratively; this is really worth waking early for.

You're Invited.
    Church of the Three Sisters is an at-will drive open to all makes and models of sportscars. Our tour will cover approximately 260 miles in four to five hours, driven conservatively. Maps will be distributed before our departure Sunday morning.