[SA] Cars and Coffee This Saturday | 9.30 AM July 25 | FerrariChat

[SA] Cars and Coffee This Saturday | 9.30 AM July 25

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ...m..., Jul 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    #1 ...m..., Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
    Amongst the half-dozen marque communities rumbling over the past year for a San Antonio cars-and-coffee type event, someone's finally taken the initiative to set one up:

When: 9.30 AM Saturday
    (Last Saturday every month)
    Where: Starbucks (Near Jim's)
    Loop 1604 and Blanco Road

This multi-marque cruise-in will serve the exotic/european/sportscar demographic, as an alternative to all the extant american iron events in our region.

Note that this is an ad-hoc informal gathering NOT affiliated with the "Cars and Coffee" franchise. I'm not one of the planners, but I'm sure they'll welcome help from anyone interested in developing future events. See you there!

2. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    #2 sTyleR, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This morning I woke up freakishly early to prepare my car for an event that had no sure promise. I didn't know whether to expect a rev competition of ricer burners with cherry bomb mufflers or a respectable event with enthusiasts of all sorts. As it turned out, the event proved to be worth while. All attendees seemed to be motor sport loving individuals, as someone like I would hope for. There were plenty of noises, but not the type you hear from low riders blasting woofers in the trunk. There were some awesome sounding cars like a new model Corvette with a blown supercharged 427 under the hood, and a Cobra 427 nicely finished in chrome. Plenty of Nissan Z cars and Honda S2k with respectable upgrades, but not the ricer type of think. It was good to see some foreign cars. All of the above, combined with wide variety of Porsche, Lotus and MG cars filled the parking lot.

So all in all it was a very respectable event. Here are pictures from the morning. It's nice to be able to walk into the Starbucks next door, grab a quick frappuccino and go back out to meet up with other enthusiasts.

With that said, here are my pictures from today.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I like the pink vette

4. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    ...i grinned; she has a serious pair of ovaries to proudly drive that car...

...i was pleasantly surprised by the turnout, and think this event has a lot of potential for promoting growth and coordination amongst the disparate driver's-car enthusiast communities throughout san antonio...i'm not sure where the organisers are planning to host next month's event, but consensus seemed to be that it must move elsewhere since we ran out of space within about fifteen minutes this morning - i heard some discussion about the rim, but other people pushing for a more-central 281 location...if they don't post an announcement here directly next month, i'll pass the word along again like i did this time...

...tyler, thanks once again for the great pictures as usual!..

5. ...m...

...m... Karting

Aug 31, 2008
    #6 ...m..., Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    ...i took a close look at the cobra and chatted with its owner a bit, as i've considered refinishing mehve in satin black-chrome when i rework her body in the future...it's neither chrome nor finish plating, but the actual bare aluminum bodywork polished to a mirror sheen; beautiful car...

6. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    ROTFL! :D

7. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    My dad was telling me that the Cobra was polished off rather than painted. I guess that's how you really get a finish like that. Original or not, that car is a definite show stopper. It sure sounded nice too, upon take off.