Russian GP 2022 | FerrariChat

Russian GP 2022

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Dec 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It looks like the Sochi venue will undergo changes to the point that last year might be the last time a F1 GP was held there. That opens the door for another Russian venue to host the race and currently St. Petersburg is awaiting the green light. They have a real race track outside the city and it looks pretty decent.

To me that makes a lot more sense as St. Petersburg is a tourist destination and relatively easy to reach from Europe. Much closer than Sochi. Will likely attract a ton of fans from Finland, just across the border.

If it happens I won't be missing the Sochi GP. Never liked that track, too sterile.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I would consider tying that up with a trip to visit my family in Sweden, St Petersburg is of course a beautiful city to visit, Baltic short cruises are fun, I have done Riga Stockholm several times (leaves 5PM arrives 11am) and St Pete is linked to several capitals around the Baltic including these two. Would be perfect if the Finnish MOTO GP were a week before or after, which is not improbable since this is very far north meaning high summer dates. And yes regarding Sochi it would be good riddance.

tifosi12 likes this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah, we did two baltic trips. There is so much history and so many great cities within a short distance. Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, you name it. Has a lot more tourist travel potential than the remote Sochi. I can see this race become a hit with Europeans. About time the Nordic countries have their own GP again.

Nembo1777 likes this.