Rumors Wolf will leave Mercedes and join Stroll | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Rumors Wolf will leave Mercedes and join Stroll

Discussion in 'F1' started by Sig. Roma, Mar 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't think Lawrence Stroll is that stupid.
    Having his son Lance as number 2 is about OK whilst the team is at the level it is now (it finished 7th last year).
    Being soon an Aston Martin factory outfit, the team will need 2 good drivers to push it further.
    Stroll and his associates will soon find out that Perez and Lance have reached their limits, and need replacing.

2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    William, believe me, he truly thinks that with a ton of money his son can win races. At least is what I witnessed first hand during his time in karting. Buying Prema during F4 and F3 is a prove of that.

He bought Mercedes know how for the 2020 car and I won't be surprised if he snatches engineers from them as Mercedes starts to prepare to leave F1 as a constructor. That guy is insane.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Lance faces very talented competitors. He lacks much of the talent found in other teams. It might be all about the car, but the 10% the driver brings needs to be strong. He simply is not that good..................

william likes this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yew Tree is not only about Lawrence Stroll. There are other famous business people far richer than Stroll who participate in that fund.
    Google the names André Desmarais, Jonathan Dudman, John Idol, John McCaw, Michel de Pocciotto, also Silas Chou and the portfollio of businesses they own.
    I really don't think they are putting plenty of money just to bankroll Baby Stroll's career to satisfy his father's ambition.
    Possible that Stroll Sr splashed a lot to support Lance during his learning years in the lower categories, but this is F1 ! .

5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Is Lance Stroll's seat at Aston Martin safe yet?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/716110/Is_Lance_Strolls_seat_at_Aston_Martin_safe_yet/

With the acquisition of Lawrence Stroll complete, Aston Martin is officially in Canadian hands and is now at the top of the company. The British brand will officially enter Formula 1 as a manufacturer in 2021, thus ensuring the future of Lance Stroll.

The future of Stroll
    Lance is the son of billionaire Lawrence Stroll and owes a lot to that. Lance got a seat at Williams mainly because of his father's money and also the spot at Racing Point, which was taken over by his father, seems fairly easy to get. So the question is, to what extent could a team boss ever opt for a lineup without Lance?

In recent years, Lance hasn't shown exceptional talent after being ridden around the ears of Felipe Massa, Sergey Sirotkin and Sergio Perez. Marc Priestley discusses the future of Lance in his new video, as well as that of Aston Martin and Toto Wolff.

PS: If you watch the attached video, the topic is discussed between 9:14 and 11;45.
    The journalist comes to the same conclusion I did. If Aston is serious, they will have to replace both drivers.

DF1 likes this.
  6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I agree 100% with you, but Lawrence thinks money can solve it.

7. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    The Aston Martin business is one thing, the F1 racing is another.

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This is why I think parental ambition is sometimes misplaced.

You can ease your way to the top with money, but when you are there, you cannot buy success.

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd would become the main sponsor of Aston Martin F1.
    Don't you think the AML shareholders will want to keep an eye on how their money is spent?
    Lance Stroll maybe protected up to a point, but not indefinitely; not if they want to run a serious team anyway.

10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I agree with you 100%. But the level of insanity of that guy to make his son to win races is indescribable. I would bet that he proposed some sort of compensation for them to maintaining Lance. Anyway, only time will tell.

william likes this.
  11. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Consider that Lance could drive for "free",... and he could even be a pay driver with Papa adding cash to the team. This could make Lance's role more attract to other shareholders / partners.

Lots of "could's"... Just a thought...

DF1 likes this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Those items are probably in place now..........

Simon^2 likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The only reason to start or acquire a business is to make a profit. Stroll's primary motivation is to see his son become a F1 race winner and possibly a WDC. Apparently he's convinced his partners that the team will be profitable while pursuing that illusion. We'll see. What happened to Prema after Lance moved up the ladder; does it still exist, who owns it and is it a successful operation? There are better places for investment capital (particularly now) than F1.

14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Stroll sold his shares to Nicolas Todt. Prema is up and running and is very successful.

375+ likes this.