Ruined night. Needed to vent haha. | FerrariChat

Ruined night. Needed to vent haha.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Kenny Lao-Nazarbekova, Feb 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kenny Lao-Nazarbekova

Mar 2, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Kenny L
    Hey guys.

So yesterday, I finally took delivery of my car and went for a late night cruise to get some tacos as a celebration. Decided to park at an empty lot and eat the tacos while walking around admiring it. All of a sudden a group of dudes in a lifted truck decided to head my way, blind me with their high beams, and call me a b****. They went off and came back to do the same thing once more. I was so confused and decided to shrug these morons off.

I got in the car after my tacos, drove down the street to a Rite Aid, and I see their truck parked there. Surely I thought they wouldn't do anything when there's other people around, or so I thought. After I walked out with my supplies, I didn't see their truck anymore - phew! I then look to my left and their truck is parked in a way that prevented me from opening my door. There had been maybe a 2 inch gap between their front bumper and my sexy paint. Again, my mature side kicked in and I just got in the driver's seat through the passenger side. As I drove away these dudes came out of an alley way to flip me off :)

I got home and realized that there are random marks from either their bumper or jean buttons that made a pretty noticeable scratch :mad:. Do you guys have any similar stories? Boy I was ready to throw hands.

2. CaptOharry

CaptOharry Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    It's a shame a bunch of inbred A*$#@! have nothing better to do,I have the same problem here in Clay County Florida,Just not as Severe as you.

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    In todays world... you never know who has a gun so I just politely get the hell out. Nighttime in a Ferrari - getting fast food... generally does not sound like a great plan.

ZF123, sammysaber and paulchua like this.
  4. Longy

Longy Rookie

Oct 4, 2020
    Northern England
    Full Name:
    Paul Longstaff
    Its a strange phenomenon in the Uk (& probably other parts of the world too) where a ferrari driver is equally likely to get either a load of abuse for their chosen steed or a cheery wave and a smile from passer by / fellow road user.
    Friends in Astons assure me they don't get that abuse and the Aston being British seems to make it far more acceptable and less likely to attract the ass hole public behaving like the OP suffered.
    It just feels like it gets reported a lot more from F cars than other marques.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Fortunately I have never had anything but positive comments or thumbs up gestures from people passing by.

I will say though that you were asking for trouble to go into the Rite Aid lot when you saw their truck and knew they were hostile towards you. I would have definitely kept going.

ZF123, audi_328, Boots and 6 others like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Kenny,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm surprised this happened in Irvine, CA. Ferrari engenders strong emotions, both harmful and positive. Thankfully, I've received a majority of positivity, from thumbs-ups to pictures, to smiles and waves.

The negativity comes from folks who are, at the core, insecure and ignorant. To cover it up, they need to lash out—the very act exposing - both facets.

You did the right thing by disengaging and not escalating the situation.

Very often, the lack of education and confidence yields less than ideal life equity, which places them with a lot less to lose in a battle. They know this, so like an upstart thug, everything to gain to their ego - nothing to risk.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  7. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    I feel your pain, but this is the exact reason that I never, EVER left my Dino (now long ago sold) or now, my 360, unattended. Maybe paranoid, but too many vindictive p____s out there.

Zanny1 and Viperjoe like this.
  8. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    I'm really sorry to hear your story, that seriously sucks. BUT - I do have to applaud your choice of celebration

9. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I agree with the two Pauls. I am very surprised that it happened in Irvine. I live nearby and I have never had anything but positive reactions from others and my red 612 is certainly big and noticeable. Just chalk it up to a single bad life experience and move on. Welcome to the Ferrari world and enjoy!

paulchua likes this.
  10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Haven't really had that problem but reading multiple things like this makes me want to get some of those cameras that watch the car from the inside when it's parked...Shame people have to be trash.

11. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    wow! In Irvine that’s amazing. Pea brains like that get away with that kind of thing because they think they can. I never seem to have problems like this whether in a Ferrari or not. I must look unapproachable and scary. People social distance me. I do shower.

12. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I would have looked for them inside the store and said hi guys...I’m the b—-ch in the Ferrari. What gives? Do we have a problem. 99% of the time these kind of guys back down. For the 1% well....

13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    ...and that was (obviously) the mistake. When you've avoided earlier trouble with jerks, don't willingly drive your car to where they are NOW. Whatever you needed at Rite Aid was certainly for sale somewhere else.

14. 26street

26street Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2021
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Mark k
    Wow that really sucks not sure where you are but I live in westchester ny and work in Manhattan and since last June or so I stop driving in the city it’s like a crime to have nice things now before a lot of the world events happen I would get a lot of nice comments and even meet a lot of great people when I was out enjoying a drive now it’s —- will just say there’s a lot of haters—- even still I will protect myself and my property
    That’s why I’m buying a summer place in Texas
    Nyc is Mess

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lusso123 and NYC Fred like this.
  15. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    sorry to hear this. you did the right thing by not engaging. should not have gone to the rite aid though. i have had nearly all positive reactions. the only reactions i would classify as negative are those folks who pull up along side you and rev your engine or try to race you. other than that its mostly thumbs up and gestures indicating that they want you to rev your engine (which i oblige)

kes7u likes this.
  16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Bueller? ........ Bueller?