Ruben's threads merged: Currently he has left the building. | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Ruben's threads merged: Currently he has left the building.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F1racer, Jul 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    First time I ever hear somebody rooting for Posey as an announcer.

2. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    You mean you actually watches IRL races!!?? :p

Seriously tho, I used to follow CART but when they split, I lost all interest in both of them.

3. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    First off, I like Rubens. I also respect his talent as a driver. But the one thing I can't forgive him for is the fact that he and he alone is responsible for the ludicrous "no team orders" rule. Lots of people have been ordered to move over for teammates through the years, and they did so gracefully and tactfully, so that it wasn't obvious. Heck, Salo did it for Irvine at Hockenheim in '99. Nobody got upset because it wasn't in the last corner of the last lap.

Aside from that, as I said, I like Rubens, but that still sticks in my craw. Either ignore the orders and win anyway (re Reutemann-Jones, Brazil 1981) or do it with class and don't rub everyone's nose in it.

JMO YMMV

I say wherever he goes Rubens will show that he is a top-rank driver, just as DC has done this year. And I say that as someone who DOESN'T like DC.

4. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    I've read quite a bit that suggests Sato is there simply to please the Honda execs and keep the country pride going strong. But I don't see him as being a great driver. I really hope the Williams/Button deal works out in Button's favor as I would like to see him teamed with Barichello at BAR next year. We'll see what happens though.

- Chris

5. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    Sato is easily the best F1 driver ever to come out of Japan. But that ain't sayin' much....

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    RB: Equal contracts to MS at Ferrari

"Q. (Andrea Cremonesi * Gazzetta dello Sport) Felipe, you have the same contract as Rubens now? You will be there the second driver for a while?

FM: This is not written in my contract.

RB: In mine, too."

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Somehow I think it will matter little whether Massa would get equal or #2 status. I think he might touch MS once in a while in qualifying and he will beat MS at the starts (Massa is the best starter and Michael one of the worst), but that's about it.

8. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #183 Thatsmytoy, Aug 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    That's when he'll get the MS "Chop"... I mean er, he's just moving over... you know adjusting his line.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL

Ralf can probably explain to Massa how that works.