Ruben's threads merged: Currently he has left the building. | FerrariChat

Ruben's threads merged: Currently he has left the building.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F1racer, Jul 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    RB asked for the release of his contract with Ferrari and they agreed.

It's confirmed by brazilian TV ( Globo TV of Brazil I think) and one of the commentators is Luciano Burti (close friend of Rubens) More infos to come.
    http://www.formulanews.com.br/conteudo.do?id=13116

The rumors say ... Massa is very close to signing with Ferrari.

Also Burti believes that Fisichella is working very hard to get the Ferrari ride.

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    BabbleFish translation. Not great, but you get the idea.

==================================

Globe says that Barrichello runs in the BAR in 2006
    (30/07 - 08:12)
    Formulanews

Rubens Barrichello
    The television Globe Net informed in the morning of this Saturday that the Brazilian one Rubens Barrichello is going to dispute the season 2006 of the World one of Formula 1 by the BAR. Although it have I hire with the Ferrari to the end of the championship of the year that comes, the announcement would be able to to be confirmed us near days.

The narrador Galvão Bueno did question of stand out that the information was of extra character. With that, the vacancy in the red team stayed in open, with the also Brazilian one Felipe Batter, today in the Sauber, appearing like one of the favorite to occupy-read. The pilot youth comes doing a good season and has bond with the Ferrari, where acted like pilot of you quiz in 2003.

"The interest is very big for know who is going to occupy now the Monday drifts in the Ferrari. It is a surprise that news of the Rubens. I believe that have been a mutual agreement, therefore he has I hire with Maranello to the end of 2006. Now it is going to await for the official announcement", affirmed the native of são paulo Luciano Burti, comentarista of the transmission and ex-pilot of you quiz of the Ferrari, that disputes today the Brazilian Championship of Stock Car.

Barrichello is a piece key in the dance of the hips of the Formula 1, even after the English one Jenson Button revealed I desire of remain in the BAR, without want efetivar the change for the Williams in the near championship.

The representative of the United Kingdom, in the however, should be obliged it fulfill the option of the Williams: case will not have 75% of the points of the leader of the table to the GP of the Turkey, 14ª phase of the present calendar, in the day 21 of August, should come back to the English team by which estreou in the main category of the planet in the year 2000.

The polemics passage of Barrichello by the Ferrari lasted six seasons, of 2000 to 2005, and included a placard of nine victories. The most difficult moment, beyond the decrease of performance lived this year, was the end of the GP of the Austria of 2002, in that was obliged give it up passage for the heptacampeão Michael Schumacher, present third in the table.

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Thanks for the translation Mike.

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    THANK YOU for all the memories Rubens Barrichello.
    Rubens will always remain in the hearts and minds of true Ferrari fans for his contributions!
    Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

BUT, I will only believe it when I hear from Rubens!!!

6. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I'll second that!

Carol

Now showing at all theaters (neon signs glowing brightly) -
    "Let the Silly Season Begin"

I just discovered this:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/18541/

7. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Exactly...either I have to hear it from Rubens, or read it in the mainstream press.

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    “You can write it down: Rubens has signed with BAR for two years,” he was quoted as saying. “I’m well-connected [at Honda],” added Piquet.

I think we can trust him.

9. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Silly season is right. The Speedtv article mentions DC as a possible replacement. Didn't he just 'sign' with RBull for 2 more years? Wonder how his name got thrown into the mix. And Fisi certainly hasn't done himslf any good with his erratic drives this year.

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    We will all know for sure once the first practice starts at the first race in 2006.

If Rubens does go to BAR I wish him the best.

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Rubens limited himself to saying that “Nelson seems to know more than I do.”

I TRUST RUBENS OVER PIQUET! ANY DAY!

Thank you for all your hard work Rubens! Best of luck!

12. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Agreed rubens will always be synonymous with the prancing horse for me he has been a major contributor for the team's success over the past 6 years.

I'm a little surprised he's going to go to BAR though. If Jenson gets his way and ends up staying with HOnda Rubens might once again wind up playing 2nd fiddle to Button.

I'd really like to see RB head over to the BMW camp next year, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

13. FerrariF1

FerrariF1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2005
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    so where is he going? which team? he'll be missed.

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Read the thread...
    BAR most likely.

15. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Finally!!!!!!

I think Fisi would be a good stop-gap solution. But for God's sake!!!! Somebody teach him how to use the clutch!!!!!!

16. azbobbybooshay10

Jun 4, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Bobby Patricca
    Hmm, Rubens replacing Button, who goes to Williams? I thought Button was trying everything he could to STAY at BAR? I think its more likely that Rubens replaces Sato. I don't think he's lived up to the expectations that BAR has had for him, so his demise has to be fairly imminent.

I hope the Massa to Ferrari happens though. He's done good in a crap car, and they have been courting each other for years. Seems like the perfect fit to me. I also know they commented during the Germany race that Fisichella has been craving that Ferrari ride forever. However, I think that his time has passed, and they will take Massa over Fisi.

I do wish Rubens luck wherever he lands. He's basically been Ferrari's "test dummy" for Michael, and he hasn't complained once about it. After the whole "team orders" move in what, 2002? that cost him the win at the end, did you hear Rubens complain? Nope. He simply said "I did what the team thought was best". He let it go. Then when Michael "repayed" him at Indy, by letting him win, he simply let it go and played the perfect team character. He's the perfect team guy the whole time at Ferrari, and he will play the role well at BAR (if thats where he lands).

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fresh blood is always a good thing. Not sure Massa is the answer though. Would have rather seen Button in that seat. Or even Jacques, just for memories sake. Oh well.

18. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Yes!!

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Emotional junk food: Imagine Villeneuve in the Ferrari with no fuel taking the pole at say Monza. Gosh I would cry.

20. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I do not think you would be alone! :)

21. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car
    I WAS AT THE 2005 MONZA RACE AND HE WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!
    WHAT A DRIVE ..

I HOPE ITS NOT TRUE

I WILL MISS SEEING HIM IN RED

HE WAS A BIG PART OF ONE OF THE BEST RUN OF WINS FERRARI HAS EVER HAD...

RB

THAHK YOU ,

22. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I would too!

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wow, a time traveler!

Now I'm looking forward to that race. Thanks.

24. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
  25. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name: