Rubbish paint again | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Rubbish paint again

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Traveller, Oct 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    Congrats! Pics?

2. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Not yet... coming soon I hope.

3. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    #253 Noblesse Oblige, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    OK. I can report that the paint finish is actually above average on my newly delivered Bianco Avus/Cioccolato '14 FF. This is after a thorough inspection by a detailer well experienced in the ways of Ferrari orange peel. In my own opinion, the orange peels is better than my 458 and as good or better than I've observed on Porsches. i don;t have a clue as to why there is such a range of clear coat finish quality, but I am happy that this one turned up OK.

There are only two notable flaws in the finish are:
    -- A ~ 3mm chip in the paint on the spoke of one of the wheels. It is possible that this occurred in transit. Should be easily addressed via an experienced touch up.
    -- A couple of ~ 1 cm spots in the black leather on the upper dash. I expect this to be addressed by a good leather man employed by the dealer for warranty issues.

So while it is not perfect, I have breathed a sigh of relief that the car arrived without any real major cosmetic issues.

Will post photos after tint/wrap work is finished in about a week. The car itself is gorgeous.

4. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    Congrats! Glad you're happy and that all has worked out for you! Strange how substantial the differences in finish in cars delivered seems to be with Ferrari. I'm glad to say mine arrived in perfect shape, no complaints whatsoever. Look forward to the pics! Enjoy!

5. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Pleased for you but not really surprised as Avus is an out of range colour and so is not painted at the factory. Every out of range car I haves even the paintwork is incomparable to that produced in the factory.

6. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I didn't know that. So it fits the pattern.

7. Flo400

Flo400 Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    You have leather, you have carbon stuff... what more can you want :D

8. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    I've seen way too many costly automobiles with improperly finished down carbon fiber, clear coat runs, orange peel, wheels not thoroughly painted/finished, swirl marks and DA sanding marks straight from the factory. Corners are being cut for the sake of saving money and it's the owners paying the price.

Start making noise about it.

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I have tried to garner support here but no one appears interested so we will get what we deserve.

10. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    reminds me of the old Lexus "ball bearing" commercial -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AktHnnA9QIM

11. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    Everyone know the paint on Ferrari's isn't the best