Rotors on Land Cruiser toast after 3 months? | FerrariChat

Rotors on Land Cruiser toast after 3 months?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Husker, May 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    My 2010 Land Cruiser eats brakes like candy it seems. I just got brand new rotors 3 months ago and the car is already vibrating/lunging at stops. I'm pretty easy on my LC.

What's up with this? Should I take it back to the mechanic for warranty replacement?

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    how many miles?
    poor quality parts. take it back. insist on new rotors. dont let them “turn them”

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    maybe 5-6K miles at the very most

4. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Replacement rotors? From where? If not factory, then that may be the issue. Most parts are not the quality of even close to factory. And it keeps getting worse.
    I will say a lot of these heavier luxury SUVs eat brakes, but that’s still too quick. Unless your kids drive it.

technom3 likes this.
  5. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    my LC rotors last about 30K miles/too many variables in driving style/types of traffic, etc

6. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Like a lot of things these days seems like the newer stuff is getting worse and worse. They recently replaced the brakes on my WRX after only 24k miles due to them delaminating. The dealer told me they have been replacing a lot of brakes and I talked with a friend who is a service manager at an independant shop and he said they don't even turn rotors anymore since they are so thin they replace them. The brakes on my S2000 are original even the pads and are 18 years old with 72k miles and still look decent while the brakes on my WRX with 5k miles on them look a lot worse than the S2k's.