RossoCorsa Sales | Page 2 | FerrariChat

RossoCorsa Sales

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Mark_Davies, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    guys can we not set a list of who to use and who not to use with reasons why. This should eliminate unwanted problems like this. Mark I am very sorry to hear about this. There are some really funny people around!

2. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Topcat,

You should try Nick Cartwright in Derbyshire. He is a genuine guy and has spot on Ferraris. He has the largest collection of Dinos in Europe at his house.

Try top marques magazine and just look around everywhere. You will find good and bad its normal.

Verdi seems good as well or any of the classic car magazines ????

It took me nearly a year to get the right 348 spyder....

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Jenzo/Mark,

Im as like minded as you guys, if Mr L is carring on in this way he wont last long on the circuit. Reputation is everything in the Fcar market....

Perhaps a "Name and Shame" thread could be devised to illustrate the problems that Fchatters have experienced??

Just an idea??

4. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    guys be careful naming and shaming online as it could bring problems for Rob. Maybe pm people if its anything too bad.

5. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  6. Babylon

Babylon Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Mark,

have you paid for the work done on your car yet? If you haven't, I suggest you call in and see this chancer, armed with your NIP and tell him you don't expect to be paying a penny for the work. He (or one of his employees) has committed a TADA, unless of course you gave them permission to go driving around like lunatics in your car?!?!!

Regards,

Mike

7. Richard Lukins

Feb 25, 2004
    I am VERY concerned about this thread, I am the aforementioned Richard Lukins, owner of Rosso Corsa.

I can confirm as fact:

1.We have never had a speeding ticket for ANY car since we incepted business.
    2.We do not know of any Mark Davis, and have not had a 1998 355 Berlinetta that has not been sucessfully sold by us.
    3.We have never had a 355 Berlinetta of any age returned to the owner unsold EVER.
    4.If we are selling a car on behalf of a customer we will undertake any preparation work that has been agreed by the vendor in advance of showing the car or placing it in the showroom, where the owner does not agree to the works until the car is sold they are not undertaken until then.
    5. Ditto for the "360". Never run a car on incorrect plates, as that would invalidate our insurance.
    6. Please either contact me directly on 020 8961 2332, or issue legal proceedings for any act we have committed. We are and continue to operate a well respected business, if a customer has a problem then we will deal with it directly in a professional and timely manner.

I find the thread to be defamatory and containing many false statements.

If anyone wants to see how we operate, please pop alone and see the workshop and showroom, in 9 Cumberland Avenue, Park Royal, NW10 7RX - don't call, just turn up and see us as we are all day long, we have NOTHING to hide.

We operate on a professional basis, and try very hard to run an honest business in a very dis-honest industry. Should anyone want to make a complaint I am very keen to hear of it, if they do not get the response they feel is adequate I am more than happy to allow an independant body (Ferrari Owners Club) moderate it.

We have invested considerable resources to ensue our customers recieve the best service in the UK, and although it is not possible to be the best every day, we strive to achieve that goal.

Please contact me directly if you have any further comments or questions.

Thanks
    [email protected]

8. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    hmm, it gets more interesting by the second.

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

I agree with Craig about this. This is a public forum and care has to be taken with what is said on it.
    Tony

10. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    This is indeed interesting,firstly Mark Davies writes down quite frankly libelous accusations against Richard Lukins the problem I see here is that M.D. his no prior history here and his personal profile is empty,it certainly makes me wonder.Richard Lukins then defends himself and gives himself a lot of credability by stating facts that can be easily checked (presume the car was advertised if for sale by him)and also makes a statement that his premisis/business can be checked out no problem and even by ferrari U.K. if required.Just reading between the lines R.L. certainly appears to be more credible than M.D.
    I also recognise R.L. has no prior history here either but he is obviously known to some of you.
    best regards
    Dave McGuire

11. GOS 348

GOS 348 Karting

Jan 17, 2004
    Edenbridge, Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris Gosling
    Topcat

Talk to Terry Keys Motorsport at Silverstone (He advertises in Autosport and FOC magazine). Always has good value cars, real enthusiast, no bull****, excellent servicing. Has supplied and services family & friends cars.

12. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    When ever i take my car any were and have to leave it, i always stand over the dude glearing and say " no ferris buellers", this always makes them laugh nerviously. I reay do this beleve it or not.

13. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys,

When my car is in for any work. I will wait with car the whole day if I need. Some garages dont mind and others do. I usually offer to take the mechanic out for blast or give him a tip for beer..

Its good to watch the car being worked on, you can learn a lot about how things are done on the car.

Remember not many mechanics get to drive a Ferrari by them selves when the boss is not around.

If they mind then something is not right. At the end of day they are getting paid.

I no many owners with nice sports cars that have taken their cars in for work and needed to be in for a few days and car has been driven around the next day or the owners got the car back and the mileage for some reason has increased a lot.

14. topcat

topcat Guest

Thanks for the tips guys, i will look out for a ferrari in the places listed.
    Topcat.

15. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

So Mr Davis what do you say now???...umm tapping fingers in anticipation, Mr Lukins has come on the board and I thankyou for that Richard to clarify the situation...

It appaears, as in the past that certain individuals come on here just to dishonour someone or their business, and why not "IF" its an honest problem or a re-occurring problem. This is a public forum , the freedom to post whatever your views is available ( however its not idiot free)......I feel we are all sensable enough to realise that this problem can and will occur.....its whats "beliveable" and "not".

Anyway it appears Mr lukins has nothing to hide and my regards to him for his intervention on this thread which he feels clearly are un-founded accusations regarding the previous issues contained on this thread.

Enough Said I think....Go figure...

16. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

hi chaa,

Doesnt have the same effect if the fitter is taller and bigger than you...lol

from the midget!!!

17. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think naming and shaming is a bad plan; it is inevitable that every dealer will have someone who feels that they have been unfairly treated, rightly or wrongly. Clients sometimes have unreasonable expectations. Best to let people make up their own minds, unless wrong-doing has been proven in court.

I think that every 'accused' has a right to defend themselves, and if one plans to post about them, they should be made aware; their side of the story is usually quite revealing.

Robert.

18. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Stig,

What do you say ? - RL has joined the forum to defend himself, presumably from a tip off? - But you, (Stig), are known to this forum and without being to specific, must be able to shed some light on your earlier comments ?
    I personally know of no wrong doing by Rosso Corsa, but rather than gossip I think we should deal in facts.

On a braoder note....
    The naming and shaming of companies or individuals who promise one thing and deliver another is, I believe, any consumer's legal right, providing they have first tried to sort out any disagreement, Does this not force disreputable rogues to think again and commend honest dealers to rightly have our business ?
    We can't have it both ways, as was recently pointed out to me, If we are to shower praise on some, then we should be prepared to accept disgruntlement in the equal measure, if founded !

Steve
    (My threpence worth)!

19. James_H

James_H Rookie

Feb 25, 2004
    Hampshire
    Full Name:
    James Hall
    I just found this thread, and thought that I would put my 2p worth in. I've known Richard for several years, since the days when he was a merchant banker (and I don't mean in the rhyming slang sense) before he'd even thought of becoming a second hand car salesman.

I find it hard to believe that he would have been stupid enough to have carried out the acts that he was accused of at the top of this thread. It is one thing to have a service carried out badly, or elements of a service that are charged for not done. However, to pretend to have done a service and bodywork, and then to have done none of it? You would have to either be the dumbest garage owner in the world, or be confident that you have the dumbest customer in the world if you thought you would get away with that sort of thing.

If the accusations were true, then surely Mark would have been beating a path to the door of the local Trading Standards, his lawyers, and quite probably the Police as well. Apparently he would rather post his accusations to a public forum, rather than go through the channels that would actually have given him some sort of redress.

If Mr Davies has any proof of these accusations, I suggest he make it public (a scanned image of the NIP, and any invoices issued by Rosso Corsa for instance). In addition, I would suggest that he fill in some personal detail in his profile, so that it doesn't look like a pseudonym.

James

20. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Steve,I do agree with you however the problem is we only ever get a one sided story and we never really know if all avenues to rectify the problem have been exhausted,it is also a reflection on lifes inequalities that praise is readily accepted but criticism results in legal threats.
    Best regards
    Dave

21. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Steve

I do have issues, but I continue to hope that these can be resolved some day to my satisfaction and I would be happy to enter into a dialogue with RL concerning my issues.

Can't any more "diplomatic" than that, in the light of libel laws, and the fact that I daren't loose my temper at work!

I'll PM my woes if you are interested.....

Stig

22. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Hmmmm... it's all getting very interesting now.

23. Richard Lukins

Feb 25, 2004
    Hi
    I can assume you still have my mobile number, and have read the numbers on the website (www.rossocorsa.co.uk) and this thread.

I'm more than happy to understand any issues you have. As I have not heard from you in over a year I had assumed that everything was satisfactorally resolved.

If you want to PM ME then maybe we can get any issue still needing attention sorted, but these issues relate to a time when I was working somewhere else and in the process of leaving, by my own choice. I have never hidden, and if you bring me a problem I'm sure it can be rectified (within reason of course, I'm not a 747 flight instructor or a miracle worker!!)

Thanks
    Looking forward to the offline email
    Richard

24. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Why does it always take contraversy like this to finaly get **** sorted out. You know when ever in get problems with a company and try to go through the correct chanels, it never get me anywere, BUT when i show teeth...funny how they want to help. Hey it takes all sorts.Excuse my spelling.....or dont. ( smiley face!!!)

25. Mark_Davies

Mark_Davies Rookie

Feb 24, 2004