Roselli Garage- San Jose | FerrariChat

Roselli Garage- San Jose

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi fellow bay area ferrari enthusiast,

Wanted to see how many of you had used/or had Feedback about this shop? It seems to be the best!

I saw lots of cars are dirty and it's very sunny so im a bit worried about my leather and pain although i gave a cover ... when any of u got ur car back was it cleaned and cared for?

Yelp reviews are through the roof ( as in excellent); prices are great, cars serviced there are nothing short of legendary (u dont see db5 and daytonas everyday.
    Decided to bring the car today to address a full liquid change; and little things i didn't want Ferrari to do when it was in their shop.
    A full fluid change at roselli for a tr is around $600 vs $1200 at ferrari of sf...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
    I’ve been going there for about two years. Roberto services all three of my Italian cars now. Some take longer, due to parts ordering or fabrication, and others are quick. If you provide a cover he will make sure it is used. I’ve never had a car returned in what I would consider clean, but never too dirty either (one Alfa sat there for months awaiting parts)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes the car had just been detailed and i left them a cover which was with the car.
    My concern is more on the leather shrinking. I only need a fluid change but he is so busy will take a week; its fine as i want him to assess the car too.

4. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Roberto is fantastic - very very knowledgeable and thorough! Fantastic to work with. I would not hesitate taking my cars there at all... the one reason I don't tend to: the cars do sit outside in the sun/elements pretty much the entire time they're there. A cover could be a good solution, but personally, I don't like my cars sitting out in the elements for multiple weeks.

Ruben

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Argh.... u just stressed me lol
    I did give a cover. Surely he must know how bad the sun is for paint and leather shrinkage?
    Im assuming if leather was getting often damage at his place ppl would sue and not return?!

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Robert is smart and they do pretty good work, not great. Some of my issues: they didn't put the bolts back in the battery access hatch (they are missing now), they didn't return the covers for the front edge of my seat rails (also missing), they didn't return my T80 torx that removes my lug bolts (missing, had to buy my own replacement), they installed a new TCU but don't own an SD so never transferred the parameters (said they have access to an SD but apparently don't). There is more but I will stop there. I find not having an SD and telling me that they do as completely unacceptable. The rest is smaller stuff but really unprofessional and shouldn't have happened.

They also take a VERY long time to get things done so don't count on getting the car back any time soon.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Hopefully my experience is different. I figured with so many cars he must have a good reputation and wouldnt kill my leather.
    My car just had a full detail so it looks immaculate and i provided a cover and called them to make sure they pur it.
    I'm sure it will be a bit dirty when i get it back but i have faith a liquid change can be done well lol

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Roberto is a good guy. Just be sure to let him know to put the cover on and he'll be more than happy to do it. If you're still worried, just stop by occasionally to make sure everything is okay.

Best wishes.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes he is a great guy. He seems to have so much going on i wonder if he remembers everything; that being said given the amount of great cars i would think it must not happen often or at all he makes such a mistake

10. Wax525

Wax525 Rookie

Aug 25, 2012
    S.F. CA
    Full Name:
    Aj
    I take both my Ferrari and Lamborghini there for service. I was referred from a friend about 10 years ago. I would not take my cars to any other shop. Roberto has so much knowledge and expertise and has always been fair on all my repairs and maintence. Just let him know if something is wrong or your missing something and I'm sure he would not even hesitate on replacing it or fixing your problem.

11. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Roberto has worked on my 360 Ferrari and my Gallardo and has always taken great care of my cars. You won't find a more fair person to take care of your car. Why would a shop be so busy if they were negligent with customer's cars and I"m really picky about my car. I am a repeat customer for years now because of his quality of work. You see Ferrari, Bentley, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, Porsche, BMW, and other sport cars. You have any concerns about your car, just talk to Roberto. I say stop by and checkout Roberto's computer equipment he owns. I stopped by unannounced and he used his equipment to adjust my clutch and take readings on both cars. I feel the same way about going to the doctor as I do about going to a mechanic. If I don't trust the doctor, I would find a new doctor and I trust Roberto!

12. Natkingcolebasket69

U are right! He is the best!!! He called me this morning telling me he read this and wanted to reassure me!
    It is my first ferrari so i was stressed lol
    Thats what i tell myself he has so many great cars and clients he must be doing an amazing job! I know i will only bring it to
    Him!

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Thats awesome!!! I only want him and his shop to touch my car! I get such a great vibe in his shop! Its like a treasure place. Love it!

14. ipohopper

ipohopper Karting

Nov 5, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Vik
    #14 ipohopper, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have used Rosellis for both my Maseratis for past 5 years and had many service/repairs done. All I can say is thank god this shop is around. I've always had good, friendly service with Roberto and crew. On top of that I probably saved over $15k to $20K compared to taking my car to the dealer. I was just there this week and they promptly fixed a coolant leak on my car. I had seen this thread and someone mentioned they didn't have an SD unit so I asked them and they showed it to me. Pic attached.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree! I am picking my car tonight! Roberto has been amazing with me and i am now all reassured!!!
    I will leave him amazing feedbak!

16. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    He also has the earlier SD units and he also has a Leonardo. So don't know what the issue was. I even saw him updating the SD for an Enzo that came in.

17. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    I was in the market for a Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet.

Someone on Ferrari Chat told me that Roberto Roselli has one for sale. He did.

I bought it from him without any negotiations, because it came with his personal assurance that he would deliver a pristine car to me. And he did. After I took delivery, for about two months, if I identified any issues, he fixed them at no cost.

My Mondial is not just gorgeous and fun, it is also very reliable. I now drive it as a "daily driver" 3-4 times a week.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Roberto is the man! He can even do a belt service without engine out on a 355 !!! The best!

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    +1

20. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Glad he is working out for you guys. I can tell you that he didn't transfer any parameters for my new TCU and I have printouts to prove it. Combined that with the other issues and missing things means I won't go back.

21. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Roberto has worked on my 612 and Quattroporte. I would recommend him highly.

paulchua likes this.
  22. 430 Scooter

430 Scooter Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    Roberto is one of those people you wish could live and stay in business forever.

He's worked on my Scuderia and LP640 and has always provided excellent service. He has all of the diagnostic computers on hand - I have personally used his SD3 and LARA hardware.

He is also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

paulchua and m5shiv like this.
  23. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I really appreciate everyone’s input. I live on the other end of Lincoln and it’s reassuring knowing someone so competent is so close. I’ll feel confident trusting him with my CaliT

24. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    You live in Willow Glen?

Me too.

Kai

25. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley