Rosberg vs Hamilton: 2015 F1 season * * * SPOILERS * * * | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Rosberg vs Hamilton: 2015 F1 season * * * SPOILERS * * *

Discussion in 'F1' started by toil, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I love Ferrari I love Lewis But Ferrari needs Brawn more than they need
    any driver in order to win championships again.That's strictly IMO

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ATBNM3 seems to think it is Lewis.
    If Kimi arrived fully awake and motivated, no Lewis would not beat him, but if Kimi turned up half asleep and completely uninterested in this contest then yeah Lewis has a chance.

Fact is 90% of the current F1 drivers, if not all of them, could win races in the current Merc.
    Pete

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  6. GodSpeed33

GodSpeed33 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 27, 2014
    Lol those photoshops are hilarious. Anyway after round 10 Mercedes still lead and Lewis increased his points gap to 21 points, Seb Vettel behind at another 21 points.

7. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Mercedes blew the start, and used to a sure 1-2, were mistake prone out of those top spots. They've gone most of the year only going wheel to wheel with each other.

Hamilton didn't handle it well, took himself out, Nico seemed to handle it better, but also took himself out before it was all over.

No real discernible difference at the end of the day.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The difference is that Hamilton managed to widen the points gap and thats all that matters

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Lewis Hamilton expects F1 starts to become "more unpredictable" - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
    Both make commentary on the new starts coming next race. Im not sure why LH needs to think adjustment might need to be made. Nico has it right. Its all up to the driver. This will be fun!
    -----------------
    Lewis Hamilton feels Formula 1's new start procedure will make getting away off the line even more "unpredictable", following Mercedes' recent poor getaways in grands prix.

For the Belgian Grand Prix following F1's summer break, starts revert back into a driver's hands, with the pitwall no longer involved when it comes to the necessary clutch settings.

That could put more pressure on Hamilton and Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg who have been beaten off the line at the last two grands prix at Silverstone and Hungaroring despite front-row lock-outs.

For the British Grand Prix Williams duo Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas swept by, while in Hungary it was Ferrari pair Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen.

That resulted in Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff describing what has unfolded as "unacceptable".

Reigning champion Hamilton concedes the new start format "is going to be a challenge".

F1's new start rules explained

Speaking to the British press, he added: "What goes on from after this race [Hungary] is going to be very interesting.

"I expect more unpredictable starts. I imagine it is going to get worse, but that's racing."

Hamilton has even suggested the FIA may need to make rule tweak adjustments to compensate.

"I think they might underestimate how much they influence the races," he added.

"The starts might not change or they might be disastrous. It could make for more weaving, who knows?

"My guess is that it is not going to be the right thing and it is going to be adjusted.

"They might need to make changes to it. It is a good idea, though."

Rosberg, 21 points adrift of Hamilton, has welcomed the initiative introduced by the FIA.

"It's good because it puts the start fully into our hands - 100 per cent driver," he said. There is no engineer involved or anything.

"If it's a good start, it's the driver. If it's a bad start, it's the driver, which is good because it puts a bit more variability into it.

"The start is such an important phase. As we have seen recently it can mix things up."

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lauda said in the RTL commentary there will not be much change in there...The procedure might stay the same, just the driver has to push the buttons without being reminded what to do by the box...Lauda said the only difference is that the drivers need to do it by memory but the settings are calibrated before just as they are now...

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Out of Hamilton and Rosberg's comments, I like Rosberg's the best.

Not the complaining that Hamilton did, Rosberg said:-

"It's good because it puts the start fully into our hands - 100 per cent driver," he said. There is no engineer involved or anything.

"If it's a good start, it's the driver. If it's a bad start, it's the driver, which is good because it puts a bit more variability into it.

"The start is such an important phase. As we have seen recently it can mix things up."

12. DF1

Interesting. I thought it would result in a more 'manual' and less automated procedure!

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Now nico just needs to get the car on pole for a change. Such a big difference vs last year

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #1689 Aircon, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bicep curls.

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton 2h2 hours ago
    Good morning! Training with a view! #Blessed #Inspiration #TrainHard #TeamLH
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It seems much more important than last year, but this year he finds it much harder to do. I think the pressure has got to him.

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Has he got a personal photographer everywhere he goes?

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No, Rosberg managed to widen the gap between himself and Hamilton. Hamilton lucked into all this.

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hilarious :)

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Do you disagree?

20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    They both screwed up. Pointless debating who screwed up more...

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    True....difference is Hamilton is thanking his lucky stars, and Nico is kicking himself.

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    But that wasn't the question. They claim that Hamilton managed to stretch the points gap, implying it was his skill. Whilst what happened was, Hamilton screwed up the entire race, yet through a lot of luck managed to finish ahead of Rosberg. Rosberg also screwed up, first requesting the wrong tires and then crashing into ricciardo. Neither of that has to do with Hamilton being more skilled to get ahead.

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I didnt say anything about skill. I just stated a fact. The only that matters.

24. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I think you are looking for an angle against 'them' that doesn't exist. Over reaction.

25. DF1

Lauda's assessment was the correct one - they had a race and things happend and thats what happens in racing. Some preventable others not.

Sometimes you make your own luck and at other times you have none. Im glad it was a fun race, and overall we have a close championship to enjoy. It could be much worse and has been in the past.