ROSBERG RETIRES! | Page 35 | FerrariChat

ROSBERG RETIRES!

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Dec 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    OCTOBER 19, 2017

Rosberg not eyeing job as team boss yet

Nico Rosberg is not ruling out a future as a motor racing team boss.

Last weekend, Team Rosberg - founded by the reigning world champion's father Keke - won the DTM championship with Rene Rast at the wheel.

But although he is now retired, Rosberg said he is not involved with the team.

"No, I'm not involved in the DTM team," he said.

But Rosberg, 32, was at the celebratory party.

"It was great," he smiled. "I saw a lot of people who played a huge role in my own career when I drove for Team Rosberg in F3 and Formula BMW.

"It was a great time with lots of memories."

But he told Speed Week he is not currently looking for a management role, despite having also been linked with Mercedes' forthcoming Formula E entry.

"This is not an issue right now," Rosberg said.

"But of course I look at all the options in motor sport. This is my passion, especially formula one. It's why I did the commentary in Japan, and it's also a great challenge for me with the management of Robert Kubica.

"I'm supporting him in his comeback in any way I can," he added.

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If you value it, William, don't make any more reregistrations to circumvent a ban. Your Caracciola account has been permanently banned and your William amount has received double the length of the original ban that you did not serve for even a full day. If this is not served in full, the moderation response will be escalated up to and including permanent exclusion from the forum at the discretion of the moderator team.

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    [​IMG]

4. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    NOVEMBER 29, 2017

Rosberg not ruling out full-time TV role

Nico Rosberg is not ruling out replacing F1 legend Niki Lauda as a full-time television pundit on German television.

During the broadcast of the 2017 finale in Abu Dhabi last Sunday, Mercedes team chairman Lauda shocked viewers by saying it was his last race as a pundit for the free-to-air network RTL.

Since then, Bild newspaper has been running a poll about who should replace him, and Rosberg - who worked throughout the Abu Dhabi weekend for RTL - topped the charts with 47pc.

"It's great," the 2016 world champion enthused. "It seems that people liked what I did, but it was also fun for me.

"I still don't know what I'm going to do next year, but I'm basically open to anything."

However, he pointed out that the first thing RTL needs to organise is a new contract with Liberty Media for 2018.

"At the moment it's a theoretical discussion as there are no TV rights for RTL," said Rosberg.

5. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Surprised to hear Nikki has been doing tv all this time.

6. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I grew up with that stuff in Germany. Pretty unbearable broadcasting if you ask me. Lauda as an expert was always great but he has his own way of going on your nerves.
    I live in heaven since I am able to watch British broadcasts.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Depends. RTL is nerve wrecking and mind numbingly dumb. Austrian TV (Prueller is ok-ish). Swiss TV commentary I always loved, particularly with Surer.

From the little British F1 TV I've seen I'd say yes, they do a good job.

None of this compares however to the hack job the US media have been doing for years. It's hard to put in words how bad it is.

8. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I gathered that much around here :)

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    RTL is not so bad if you turn off the sound and need to go to the toilet every 15 minutes...You are not gonna miss that much of the engine sound anyway...Just turn the sound on again after the race to see how Lauda predicted exactly what happened during the race (afterwards ;) )

PS: you have to close your eyes fast enough when Ebel does one of his "interviews" or you might get blinded by the colour of his shirts....

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLO, German fashion stlyle never ceasses to amaze me!!

Ps: i remenber many years ago, i could catch RTL and there was this guy in some sort of tv show (couldn't understand German so i don't know what it was about) that looked like Michael Bolton and used orange and green suits...but it seemed thet were radioactive from all that glow!!!

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Kai Ebel?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That must have been Thomas Gottschalk ;)