RON DENNIS WARNS FERRARI TO EXPECT MORE DOMINENCE | Page 3 | FerrariChat

RON DENNIS WARNS FERRARI TO EXPECT MORE DOMINENCE

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Jul 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Mike, there is a way of saying it without being demeaning, put up the FACTS, and let the naysayers look like the ill-informed for not doing the research.

I don't disagree with EVERYTHING Ted says but I do dislike the WAY he delivers his message and when he IS wrong and does a backflip like last year there are no apologies for being argumentative .

But to continually say, I am on ignore, and yet it is plainly obvious I'm not, is lying

But I must thank Ted for helping me behave correctly when confronted by aggression and abusive posts, it has helped me immensely when dealing with customers :)

There can be a lot of bad feeling here and I will stop my contribution to this now

'how about them Dodgers ??' :)

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #52 355, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
    It is of absolutely no use arguing with this guy. The other day I made a post that was comparing him to what he just called the Massa supporters by telling him to look in the mirror. He then came on first thing in the mourning (keep in mind that this was just 2 days after coming back from a ban for posting a link to my employer here in Toronto to show everyone how little I make as a firefighter and this is the reason why I did not take him up on the $10,000 bet.) Anyway he came on here last Thursday morning and called me a moronic idiot from Toronto and quickly followed it up with another mind blowing post bringing up my wage again and wondered how my wife felt about me and not having any courage. He deleted the post once he saw that I logged on about 30 minutes later.

It is obvious that this guy has some issues. To have to search the internet for my employer and find the salary for the Toronto Fire service is almost as bad a stalking someone. I pointed this out to Rob lay only to have him pretty well laugh at it. Then Andreas(tifosi12) gives him a 3 day ban for that and tells me that I could have gotten the same thing for baiting him....this is compete balderdash. Read back and see how I baited him. This guy does not like it when people don’t agree with him period. It won’t be long before I will not be posting here as have about 9 others that he has had run ins with. There is no winning when the moderator has the same point of view as him and cannot step back and distinguish between being a little over the line and going right over the edge as he has again and again.

3. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    One motion could easily move both levers at the same time is what Im saying although I do see what you are saying as well. A lot of people may cry foul but then everyone knows very well that the one tire rule was brought in to stop MS in 2005 and it was so blatantly effective that they took it back the next year.

4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #54 classic308, Jul 21, 2008
    FIA wil have to examine it closely and make their call-quickly. They wasted no time banning the Ferrari flexi-floor last year even though technically legal (as was Chapman's twin tub car-the Lotus 88) but they claimed it violated the "spirit of the rules". Same can be said of this system. I've always said I would like old fashioned manual transmissions in F1 cars...when did McL start using this system?

Wanna bet engineers at Maranello are burning the midnight oil right now working on their 4-paddle system, just in case?

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    But... it takes two to tango :)

As for customers, so you've given up on the section of lead pipe? :D

6. Nate Johnson

Nate Johnson Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2006
    USA
    I don't know about the selectable torque settings, but I seem to remember hearing that McLaren's pp engineers have found some more power in the sealed engines. FWIW.

Maybe one of you knows something more.

7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    oh I've still got the lead pipe for backup :D

and I love the tango, just got to keep it civil and no problem with any debate, although sometimes people read too much into things ... a bit like the soundbytes the drivers give out and then get extrapolated to mean whatever the poster wants it to mean

I like Kimi, say nothing, mumble nothing, drink more beer :)

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #58 classic308, Jul 21, 2008
    Maybe in the ECU???...hmmmmmmmm......McL seem to have gotten lots of speed suddenly since France...

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Now I am really pissed. Ted I thought it was you and I that had the agreement to diss each other, now you go cheating on me. I can not depend on men anymore.

Do not try to apologize, its too late, my feelings are hurt, I have cramps, and a bad headache.

The world sucks.

11. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    What a tool (RD)

12. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    ROFL :D

13. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Nice try. My post was in response to your contunious slanderous and defamatory claim that I am going to renege on a lousy 10K bet.

You made a fool out of yoruself with my Ferrari ownership last year and now you insist on making a fool out of yourself again this year with this bet. A bet, by the way, that was the direct result of a statement YOU made and which you cowardly refused to back up with actual money. You truly are a coward of the highest order and I sincerely hope that none of the other firemen who may someday be called upon to put their lives in your hand do not discover this fact

Coming from the guy who logs into my profile to see if I visisted the site that day? Guess again. I have been purposefully avoiding you and the only time I have posted has been in direct response to one of your provocations.If there is anyone who has issues, it is you. You have some weird infatuation with me, maybe you are closeted and have a secret man-crush on me? I don't know but frankly I find your behavior and attitude disturbing to say the least.

Don't think I am fooled. I know you and your butt-buddy moretti are purposefully baiting me in the hopes of provoking another argument to get me banned. I know how you two think, it is painfully transparent, after all I have a 4 year old at home...

Welcome back to my ignore list. You will not be removed from it ever again. Goodbye and good riddance.

14. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Doubt it.
    My brother works for Microsoft (he is also a huge F1 fan), and said that Microsoft (who developed the standardized ECUs in conjunction with Mclaren) would make sure there was no room for foul-play. They get sued enough when they DO play by the rules, and wouldn't risk the consequences if they didn't.

15. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Glad you see it that way Ted.., although I will miss the banter..;)

16. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This is just another example of the slanderous statements coming from this guy. It is very obvious that he is protected by the mods here. What does one have to do to be banned long term on here? He has brought up links to my job, called me a coward over and over, linked my wife to it and now my co-workers. What else does one have to say to get banned. The racing and tracking section is being destroyed by this guy.

17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It takes two to Tango Franco. it's a rhyme...;)

18. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry Steve but I have not tangoed at his level ever and I think you know it.

19. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    #69 Senna3xWC, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
    Hmmm. calling me a liar, slandering me about my Ferrari ownership, calling me a closet McLaren fan, claiming I will renege on a bet.

You are hardly innocent. You are not only a coward, you are a liar as well.

Let us not forget, you started this entire fight yourself. I didn't start with you, tyou started with me. you can dish it out but you can't take it. Pathetic.

Enjoy your stay on my ignore list. Don't bother responding.

20. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    You might want to re-think asking that question. My guess is you will find out that answer in a manner not to your liking.

21. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #71 355, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
    So much for the ignore list eh? BTW have I ever brought your job, family or coworkers into the fray?

22. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Another thread bites the dust under a mountain of noise and name calling BS. :(

Which, IMHO, is really a shame as it's a fairly significant "technical" debate that I was enjoying. Oh well, I quit reading the R&T forum last year for the same reason - The signal to noise ratio falls through the floor and it becomes a waste of time.

Bummer,
    Ian

23. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OK, that's enough.

355 and Senna3xWC you guys both need to chill and find someone else to try and pick on.

So, to make it easy for you, that will be me. Focus your effort on making me unhappy with you, instead of the entire rest of the forum getting annoyed by your behavior here.

355 - black flag for the rest of the week in the cooler for thinking any mod in this section plays favorites and for baiting and trolling.

Senna3xWC, you go too. Take some time, cool off, think about what's important in life, which certainly doesn't include disrupting the entire racing forum with your drivel.

DM

24. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Thankyou! Incidentally, have you banned 'em both for a week, or just threatened to if they carry on? In any event, hopefully normal programming can be resumed without having to wade thru' their BS.

Once again, Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Ian

25. BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 21, 2008
    Herrenberg Europe
    Full Name:
    BJ
    They should also ban Kraftwerk, he is an instigator in most of the confertations in the post that I have read. FerrariChat has no place for people like that. I registered because I thought it be insightful to racing and track events. All that I have seen so far is bickering and people who try to slam Ferrari at any chance they get. If they hate Ferrari so much move to another site more suitable to your fancy.