Ron Dennis forced out? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ron Dennis forced out?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony_Ferrari, Feb 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Check out the bold type. ;)

2. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    My point was simply that RD is going to be forever linked with this tragedy. (not the car) His own personality made it far worse than it had to be - just follow all the threads over this all through last season. Some analogy:

Nixon - (ended VietNam war, made diplomatic access to China) but remembered for WATERGATE.

Barry Bonds, Pete Rose, other baseball stars (fine sports records) but remembered for BOOKIES, CORKED BATS &/OR STEROIDS.

RD - (F1 wins, F1 roadcar, Lewis Hamilton, whatever else) but remembered for SPY SCANDAL.

Especially if he is ousted right now, thus ending his career on this note.

Just the facts, although like I said, I sure didn't like the way he handled himself while this scandal worked itself out.

3. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Dennis is too smart a business man. Auto-racing is very similar to auto-sales; leave one joint, pop up in another.

We'll be seeing him again somewhere.

I'd be curious to know how much he knew about it. The scandal I mean. If he left McLaren, he did it on his own. I don't believe he was forced out. Was'nt it the mechanical side of the team that got all the details? Dennis is like upper-level management, and I can't see him knowing all the down-and-dirty. I think the SOB knew something was going on, but I see it as the GM saying to the VP "I'll take care of it."

It just smells to me like there is something we have not heard. More to the story if you will. Why is the whole team not falling apart? Because everyone now is walking on press-made eggshells. The child is quiet after you yell at him. I see Dennis as the head-guy making a run for it so he does not have to account for something else later... If this is the case, it make for quite some news.

-J

4. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    I see your point and agree with you concerning how he handled himself durring the scandal. I wasn't saying I thought RD would be mainly remembered for his contributions in regards to the Mac F1 roadcar project. I was just saying that I appreciated his contributions with that project.

5. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Live long and prosper, my friend...

6. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Mr. Murray (who never went to university and doesn't hold an engineering degree) did design the car but who does he work for? I mean, who was it that decided to do the project and take Murray off designing F1 cars and have him design the McLaren F1 road car? Oh, yea that would be Ron.

7. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    There was sort of a tradition of LeMans style road cars going back to Bruce McLaren - remember the roadgoing MC6? Possibly the best thing to happen to road motoring since the Ford GT, the MB300SLR or the Ferrari 275LM.

So, yes - he did keep watch while a modern-day version got made.

Just as he kept watch while something else got made.

8. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I am taking an oath to not post upon this again until we have a statement of fact on the matter.

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    IMO folk are reading to much into RD spying issue, he may or may not have known if it was going on, this is the point we may never find out, not one that he will be remembered by, well not by me anyway.
    At present his discovery or nurture of LH is more relevant IMO because he is of here and now not something that want's to be forgotten about.

Fact remains, He is a very good business man with alot of foresight and still in F1 and must love it, because it probably cost him his marriage.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +100

11. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name: