Ron Dennis forced out? | FerrariChat

Ron Dennis forced out?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony_Ferrari, Feb 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080227095421.shtml

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    even if he doesn't get forced out, i suppose he'll step down after this season.

3. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Poor man. He is even going through a divorce...

4. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    A Spanish newspaper claims

That says it all. I will wait to hear from a more credible source than that.

5. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...source is worthless, we´ve been discussing that since the stephneygate...anyone with fan-level knowledge about F1 politics could have wrote that...

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
  7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Silly question... but... which do you think he would choose to save... marriage or position as F1 team principle... if he were given a choice...

8. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    **** happens!

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Still the same Spanish source.

It makes no sense btw: Replacing Dennis with Withmarsh. Whitmarsh was the master mind behind Stepneygate. Making the fox guard the hen house.

10. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Amen to that. Is it me or does there seem to be a fair amount of disinformation regarding F1 on the web? Last season big stories broke only to be refuted shortly after.

11. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    +1

Looks rather like they need a scapegoat than establishing a really new structure to prevent things like Stepneygate

(edit: always assuming that the story isn't BS)

12. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...+1, IF mercedes takes over, they wont allow Whitmarsh to run the show...maybe Norbert Haug will be in place to resume leadership over at McLaren, but lets not close his coffin so tight just yet, remember HE IS LUCIFER and may well be getting ready for a new season...

13. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    I spoke yesterday with a friend that works inside McLaren F.1. The whole story is a load of bull**** invented by the press. The truth is that Ron Dennis has 15% voting rights at McLaren, and his very close historical partners (Mansour Ojeh and other financiers with a total of 45%) are fully backing him, de facto rendering Mercedes' 40% share a minority position. What my friend also told me is that Ron Dennis wants to have the opportunity to clear his name after last year's scandals by winning cleanly on the track. He's not a man to step down easily, especially not after having been so brutally defeated and humiliated.

14. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...Now THAT sounds a lot more like lucifer...and I would say he´s eager to profit from all the technology stolen.

15. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    jean todt fired at ferrari!

16. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    And the new ECU "bugs" :)

17. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    It's true. The Bild just confirmed it.

18. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Oh come on. Do you believe everything the "Bild" says?? It's just a scandal rag!

19. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    My thoughts exactly.

Ojjeh and Dennis each sold a 15% stake to a Bahraini firm rather than to Mercedes. That sounds to me like they wanted to ensure control of teh company. Mercedes owns 40% only 40% of the firm, they cannto simply impose their will arbitrarily.

This story has all the credibility of last month's story regarding Jean Todt's ouster at Ferrari. Clearly there are too many bored people waiting for the F1 season to start.

20. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    If you thought rumors spread fast among automotive news sites, that's nothing compared to the speculation that spreads like wildfire around racing paddocks. The latest reports suggest that Ron Dennis, who has successfully directed the McLaren F1 team to seven constructors' titles and nine drivers' championships since taking over the team in the early 1980s, has been sacked. Shareholder and engine partner Mercedes-Benz was reportedly angered by Dennis' management of the spy scandal and his failure to secure the championship. Dennis, who recently separated from Lisa, his wife of 22 years and mother of his three children, controls 15% of the McLaren Group, and according to reports, would be replaced by his deputy Martin Whitmarsh.

The reports come from Spanish sports newspaper Marca, which has been highly critical of McLaren since allegations began to surface of the team's mishandling of its ex-driver, Fernando Alonso. According to Marca, however, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes will be confirming the reports shortly.

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Well Holy CaCa, I actually agree with you. Spanish newspaper, Bild, come on. I just posted an interview with "fired" Jean Todt from Feb 27.

No mention of Todt or Dennis in Autosport. You guys that get F1 Business, anything there? If its not in one of those two, it just isn't credible.

Personally, I believe Ron Dennis will retire after this 2008 season. And so will Jean Todt. And they will both shack up with a pair (each) of 19 year Spanish supermodels and live on the island of Santorini. Dennis will give tours of the ruins, Todt will work at that Mexican restaurant on the precipice. You read it here first.

You can quote me on this.

22. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    any room in there for Stephney, there's always room for Stephney.

23. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    A Spanish newspaper claims that Nigel Stephney has taken over at the helm of Ferrari and Mike Coughlan at McLaren.

24. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I seem to recall someone posting on FC about F1 Business is now out of business, seriously.

25. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Apparently it is, but some people said they still received last month's issue.