Roma consideration | FerrariChat

Roma consideration

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Charlielusso, Feb 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Charlielusso

Charlielusso Rookie

Feb 4, 2021
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Charles E. Hoffman
    New member of the chat, but long time Ferrari owner. I have always bought new and have owned or tried nearly everything. Started with a 550 Maranello and I had it for 12 years with not one problem (one of many I should have kept), added a 456 M as a daily driver, before moving to a 612 Scaglietti (loved it). Had both a California and 430 coupe for a few years before moving up a 458 Speciale Aperta. In a weak moment I sold it and replaced it with a 488 GTB and a FF with the proceeds. Upgraded to the FF with the panoramic roof and eventually my current GTC4lusso. When I bought the Lusso in 2019 I drove everything and originally thought an 812 Superfast would be next, but I liked the Lusso better -more versatile, less extreme but plenty fast. I'm now retired and driving a M-B 63S for daily driver, just bought a 911 Turbo S, and I'm considering the Roma as my final Ferrari. I love the lines, reminiscent of the older Ferraris from the '50's and '60's. Here's my question for experienced Ferrari owners who have taken delivery of Romas: My town doesn't have a Ferrari dealer (that's why I only have one or two Ferraris at a time) so I haven't driven the Roma. I'm partial to V12's based on my favorite Ferraris. Am I likely to be content with the Roma or should I step up to a Superfast? I will get to the dealer for test drives before ordering, but I thought your opinions may save me some travel.
    Thanks.