RM Ferrari Leggenda e Passione Auction | Page 9 | FerrariChat

RM Ferrari Leggenda e Passione Auction

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by BIGHORN, May 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cris Bertschi

Cris Bertschi Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    #201 Cris Bertschi, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Classiche engines are clearly identified.
    See pictures

What´s the opinion of FIVA on this subject?
    What kind of FIVA passport do you get in this case?

Regards.
    Cris.-
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. arthobald

arthobald F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Besancon 25
    Full Name:
    Nicolas JEANNIER
    #202 arthobald, May 27, 2009
  3. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Nobody took a picture of Walter? I'd like to see the face of a man who walked-away from Eight Million Dollars and went home with nothing after mis-hyping a car he'll never drive.....

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Cris - these are photos of a tipo 119 re-creation motor for a 750 Monza?? Can I ask which one?

thanks,
    Bryan

5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    ....????

Ciao!
    Walter

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very wonderful Web Site You have!

Thanks.

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Great shots and site!

I like the one with Jim and Rob Myers. So focused! :D

8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'd like to see one with Rob and the chandelier...

9. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Surely there are a few around :D

10. Cris Bertschi

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    Hi Bryan,

0526M.

Regards.
    Cris.-

11. Cris Bertschi

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    #211 Cris Bertschi, May 27, 2009
  12. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Oooops... Caught surfing F-chat when I should have been writing... I am chastised and flattered!

Cheers!

Julio

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #213 Napolis, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    Very True. Several things happend here. Firstly as Ferrari has moved into certifying these cars, keep in mind all of the cars in this auction have to be Classiched, exactly what Ferrari says they are comes into play. Ferrari was quite clear that the Type One certification for this car was a 350 Can Am not a 330 P4. They did allow that if a new owner wanted to "P4" the car they'd assist but the car would then become a "Type 2 Ferrari of Historical Interest". The FML article also came into play stating very clearly that the only original P4 existent is 0856. This particular car had been cleaned up for the auction but the hard fact remains that it has been stored for many years and the photo's of a period of that storage, crammed into a garage, dusty and rusting didn't help as I for one know exactly just how much work is need to restore a car that has rested for many years like that to safe running condition. We then come to usability. A 250 TR is a very usable car and can be enjoyed on roads, rallies and the track. This is a track car. It's mechanical FI unlike the carbs in a 412P make it hard to drive on the street and in it's Can Am configuration while you could take it out on the street very occasionally if you hit any traffic it wouldn't be a fun thing.

The car was over hyped and was presented as a P4 which it no longer is. Potential buyers thought about all of this. My thinking went like this. I think 0858, considering all of the above, in today's market is worth 8.5MM US $ All IN. All in is important. Remember that to the hammer price you have to add 22.5% for an American to own this car all tax payed. 10% to RM. 20% of 10% equaling 2% VAT on RM's auction fee. 3.1% Customs duty. 7.4% State Sales Tax. You then have to add the costs of a full restoration which IMO would easily be another 500K US. If you subtract these costs from 8.5MM you come up with my bid which was 5MM e. I was not the bidder on the screen at 7.25 MM e. I stopped at 5MMe (6.8MM $) and had no interest in paying more no matter how hard I was pushed and I was pushed. I think my bid was fair and the key is to calmly, before the auction, do your own math and come up with what you are willing to pay and to stop at that point.

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I spoke to Walter Medlin with Gerald Roush briefly and found him to be very gracious and open, not the image widely constructed over the years here and elsewhere.

That photo of Rob and Jim is funny: buy the car come on:)!

best regards,

Marc

15. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
  16. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Message to Napolis. Congratulations for your interview, my family has been involved for 40 years in the business and this world is exactly as you define it!!!

I need to have a chat with you about some professional matteres. Could you please e mail me your details so that we can contact? Thank you in advance. My e mail adress is [email protected]

Thank you
    Jaime Pueche