Risi Competizione 2016 Series Updates, IMSA and Le Mans | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Risi Competizione 2016 Series Updates, IMSA and Le Mans

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by apexdc, Mar 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian
    #76 apexdc, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That would be fun to see the results. I think it would be VERY close. Pretty remarkable when you look at the cost of each. I suspect the Corvette might be a little easier to drive hard, but the stability control on the Ferrari is sooooo good that it is a big safety net.

I like them both. Sort of apples and oranges to me.

I used to vintage race 60's era Stingrays and they were the most fun I ever had in a race car.

That's me passing the Daytona.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That's awesome!

Have they fixed the issue of the Z06s going into limp mode on the track from overheating?

3. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian
    I don't know, but previous Corvettes of almost all models that run at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway can only run a few laps before brakes and engine are overheating. It's odd that they have that issue.

Not sure what they are doing on the new ones. I just read a bit of an article on the new Grand Sport and a GM rep was saying the car doesn't overheat. I wonder if it varies track to track.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    On to COTA!!

I am excited and will bring a few friends to the race..

See you there!

5. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian
    I have a schedule conflict that I"m trying to clear up. Have a cousin in Austin that I'm close to, so am really trying to make it.

The last few races have been very disappointing, podiums or even possible wins falling apart on the last few laps.

Looking very much forward to better results at COTA!!

6. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Complete horse **** they called that a racing incident. Team Torpedo (aka Porsche NA) didn't even remotely have enough car along side the Ferrari to make that pass happen.

7. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian
    I'm wondering why Fisi was back there in the first place instead of on the Ford GT's rear bumper. But, big difference between sitting in the stands and sitting in the car. Who knows?