RIP John "yellowenzo123" | FerrariChat

RIP John "yellowenzo123"

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Stbernard, Jul 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stbernard

Stbernard Karting

Mar 29, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    #1 Stbernard, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric
    #2 LV Eric, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=40850

John Higholt passed awawy last Tuesday, I heard from a mutial friend, I heard he OD'ed I havent spoke to him in a year and was just thinking about him, I hope this is a bad joke but I dont think it is, we had some great times in our yellow Enzo's. I'd be dead too if I still had my Enzo, that car scared me. There is a great pic of John, me, Arman and Jay Leno standing infront of out 3 Enzos(Leno didnt have one), I sold mine over a year ago(Kept all the rest of the cars, I never use them anymore). I hope someone can dig up that pic.

Hope everyone is good, sorry about the sad newsm John was triple smart and a blast on all the car runs we did, he let strangers drive his cars just to make runs bigger, big cars like SLR's, bentleys, etc. the only 2 cars he didnt let inexperienced drivers drive was his Enzo and DTM Merc(faster than the Enzo IMO), one night we had a party, well it started as dinner a double date +1, and became a party at the hotel he was living in in the sterak house, he ordered a bottle of Chrystal(I stilll cant spell) for the table, by the end of th enight he had bought a dozen or more bottles and was pouring it for everyone about 15 people at the bar, they were from Ks and visiting BeverlyHills and never saw $$$ like that, they will never forget that, hell I have $$$ and I wont forget it, how generoius and nice he was, BTW I drank 1 1/2 stems is all, I dont like alchol.

I reaally hope I heard a bad joke but I fear not

mt best to everyone

eric petersen

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He seemed like a really nice guy, I read some of his older posts and looked like he enjoyed life...

RIP mate...

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    For the short time he posted on here, he seemed to be a nice guy who was always joking.

Too bad he couldnt resist drugs.

RIP.

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    RIP.

Guess he knows drugs kill you now. Sad for his family.

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I've known John for a few years now and as Eric had mentioned was generous beyond belief and lived life to the fullest. I just spoke with him a couple weeks ago and was to see him next week when he was coming to visit. I spoke with his fiancee this morning and unfortunately the news is true. He leaves us at the young age of 34 and had two sons. RIP to a great person. :(

7. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #7 Ferranki, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    Very sad. Ironic to see the location in his profile. RIP.

8. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What?? Very sad... from my very limited experience, he was one of the most generous people I've met.

9. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
  10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I was just reading a post of his the other day and I thought to myself I hope I run into him sometime.

I lost a great friend to drugs and it's such a tragic way to lose good people.

My thoughts and condolences are with those that knew him and his family.

11. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Sad to see somebody that young pass away that fast.

12. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    RIP. I just checked to see if he had logged in a few days ago. Enjoy every day guys and gals, everyone of them is a gift.

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Bad form Doc.....Kinda like someone bagging on a KIA marine on 4th of July weekend. :(

RIP John.

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    A very nice guy. Lots of laughs. Remember the good times, guys!

RIP John

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    RIP, very very active for the year he was on FerrariChat and then in 2007 stopped logging in completely, seemed like always a nice poster and nothing here ticked him off.

16. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto.

RIP John

17. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Good fellow, generous John.

18. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric

i was hoping it was a bad joke, its not. Chrissy is triple cool.

John did like to party, I have been out of the car scene for a while, i just got board of cars, I just came to LA for the summer and was going to call him within a few weeks-i'm sure of that. Man we had some great lunches at the Ivy on robertson, for a month or 2 we met there a couple times a week with both yellow Enzo's, I do miss the Enzo as a "go to lunch car". I will never forget John, he was so smart on so many things, too smart for his own good sometimes and he had $$. He awalys got what he wanted and didnt have anyone to tell him "no". I have never known anyone who OD'ed and died until now, i'm 42, When I met John (his birthday is the same as my girls 9-8-76, The year might be different) I thought he was my age or older, and he was 10 years younger, he like to live on the edge, we talked about that, He didnt drive crazy though, he thought I did when I used a on-ramp on the 101 to pass a van going 110 on the right(he was right I was a bit over the top on that one). There are so many good memories and stories I could tell, intense is a great word to describe him, At most everyones passing its said "they are one of a kind" and thats true, just ALOT more true for "John Gum", thats what I have his number in my cell phone saved as.

Jim, I will be in the city in Aug, I still havent been there in years, i will find you, sometime in Aug if your around.

19. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric
    SORRY IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG PLACE, I DIDNT KNOW WHERE ELSE, and he was my friend and wanted others here to be aware of the sad news,

respectfully
    eric

20. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Sadly, I didn't know him. But from the words spoken about him, he seems like he was a wonderful person. RIP John :( He's closer to Enzo now.

21. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    RIP Sir John even if I did not know you, condolence's to his family aswell.

tex

22. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Sad News !

R I P

:(

23. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    RIP. Alway sad to hear this type of news. Prayers go to the family.

24. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    RIP. He seemed like a great guy...

:(

--Grant

25. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004