RIP J Geils | FerrariChat

RIP J Geils

Discussion in 'New England' started by stevel48, Apr 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    If you hadn't heard he passed yesterday. I would see him every now and then at shows and at Verell's BBQ each summer. Just a familiar face gone now.

2. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Yes, pretty big shock. Very big on radio in New England late 70s- early 80s. Love their live stuff.

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Had some great songs. I remember listening to Full House in a car driving down to the Penn relays, in '73, as sophomore in HS.

4. amorepresto

amorepresto Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Amen, the first concert I ever went to was J. Geils and Ted Nugent 77-78 ish.
    Cleveland Coliseum…………

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    According to our FCA daily mail, he was an FCA member. RIP.
    T

6. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Very sad to hear - condolences to his family.

7. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

8. LNtoast

LNtoast Karting

Jul 11, 2013
    I remember him working the ZN75, Miura spyder, for the Larz Anderson Museum before they sold it. I believe he drove it down to Tanglewood for display at the Boston Pops concert before the museum auction. This past September he had his Fiat Dino Spyder on display at the Boston Cup show.

A real car fanatic and a great musician.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  10. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    #10 GT Jones, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This car was owned by John Geils and he's seated there in the folding chair facing away from the camera. I met him when we were both showing at the Boston Cup a few years ago and he graciously complemented my jalopy while we talked about cars for a good long time. I was thrilled to tell him how a J Geils Band pin on my jean jacket helped me smooch a girl way back in 9th grade and he said he was happy to help. A nice guy and a real motorhead. RIP
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    A real rock music legend from our area. Started out at WPI (I lived in the same dorm building that he had occupied a few years earlier), car nut, founder and owner of KTR Motorsports for a long while, would have loved to have met him. RIP and condolences to his family.