Rim Shop in Dubai | FerrariChat

Rim Shop in Dubai

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by eayaz1, Jan 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eayaz1

eayaz1 Rookie

Jan 7, 2009
    #1 eayaz1, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
    Hey guys, I live in South Florida, and I have been interested in the idea of opening a rim/performance shop in Dubai. I have the support of a quality rim vendor (360 Forged) out of Miami, Florida and will be establishing negotiations with other top demand rim companies (HRE, Hatge, BBS, Hamann, RS, etc) if research proves this to be a wise decision. What I would love to know, is how much demand there is for this market and I won't be able to visit Dubai anytime soon. So although I don't prefer this type of research, its the best I think I can do at this point.
    I found only two shops in Dubai from my searches, "Quartermile Garage", and "Motorsport Wheels Dubai". It seems as though the competition is minimal, and there is a demand for this type of merchandise/service. How interested would you all be for a new rim/performance shop in the Dubai area? Anybody have their .02 to throw in? I'm all ears, and I'm not asking for money or anything, just gathering information. Thank you for any and all of your input.

-Engin Ayaz

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I'm not in Dubai, but have visited there many, many times... and have been in Kuwait doing business for 18 years now.

Just a word of advice...well, send me a PM... doing business here is very different that Miami...unless you done business here before, your risk factor may be much higher than you think...

Mike in Kuwait

3. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Hamann is just opening up their own dealership there, so I wouldn't count on that one.

4. eayaz1

eayaz1 Rookie

Jan 7, 2009
    Didn't know that, but, even though I would never let the success of my business rely on only one vendor, thanks for the info :)

5. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    There's also Yellow Hat, although I'm not sure which wheel companies they run.