Rides for kids with cancer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rides for kids with cancer

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by fr8dog11, Jul 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #26 silvergts1998, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
    Self importantance LOL!. You see me with owning a chat site so I can market towards kids half my age to worship me? You see me posting pictures of my kid looking for sympathy while having ulterior motives? Nice way to use your kid!

LOL! Special relationship with Doug? Kind of like the special relationship Jen has with a dog groomer or the relationship you have with a cap? Something tells me that relationship is allot deeper than mine with Doug. What you going to do curious george...call me out to a parking lot again to threaten to beat me up? LOL!

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #27 DrStranglove, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And you are mad because they are not dating you?

Great first post, there buck'o. Take this with you....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    If I am the "Doug" that you are referring to, I am wondering what any of this has to do with me? I have never posted anything bad about a Lotus or you. Can you please inform me why I am angry at life and self important? If your initials are G.F. then I met you once before when you joined in one of our drives and we had lunch at Wicks. If I did something to offend you, then I guess you have have the right to post negative things about me. If I did something to you, please PM me to remind me what I did or you can post it here for all to see if you feel like it.
    I actually like Lotus's and I almost purchased an Esprit s4s last winter but the seller backed out on me the day before I was going to fly down to pick it up.

4. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    forget it Doug...you can't reason with those two bafoons. They are the ones mad at life. Do a search on them and you will see many people are upset with them for the same antics.

Your life is good...

5. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    how did you join today "fastlotus" and even know who Doug is - I don't think he's even posted to this thread and this kind of unprovoked attack is what this regional board has not seen in my tenure.

Back on topic: John I'm sorry for suggesting you register to this site and post on this forum about this great event for the kids. I'm abit embarrassed for the BS that has arisen surrounding it. Perhaps the two parties can shake it up under another thread as this one deserves some respect of the authors intent!

6. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yes this thread went to hell. So Jon I apologize for that, but Jon knows me and the work I have done for charities in the past. Jon knows I will do what I can to support him. I think we have a good group of cars going down. If I can make it, I will post pictures of the event.

7. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Now we need to figure out who the smartass Fastlotus is. I received a PM from G.F. and he says it isn't him. Good one "Fastlotus". You got me by dragging me into this. Will the real FastLotus please stand up. Earlycat, Gershwin, indaville? Ahhhh, maybe indaville's wife decided to join in with a Punk'd.

8. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #33 silvergts1998, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
    And you believe that? i really don't think anyone in our group knew you knew GF. I am sure the IP addresses match...but who cares.

"Leave brittney..umm I mean Doug alone!" :)

9. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    I think it was Adam - just reassurance that he's got your back - no pun.

10. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    you serious Gershwin?

11. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    You know I broke up with Doug along time ago. I got my sights on you. hubba bubba.

Okay I am done with this thread. It's gotten silly.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    cut it out everyone. I realize there is history, but this thread is about the kids ride.

13. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Well Back on topic I am planning on coming. Sharing these cars with chikdren and seeing their faces when they see them is the best part of owning a ferrari for me. I will try to get another friend of mine not on Fchat to bring his too.

14. OneFastLotus

OneFastLotus Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    For what its worth, "fastlotus" was neither my husband nor myself nor anyone we know. I asked Rob to look into it myself.

Being called a dog etc, fake user names, the things that have been said, this whole thread actually, makes me not have to say one more word about character.

Cheers
    Jennifer

15. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    You continue to cry. Why not do something constructive if you are going to be on this site besides the BS you've come up with so far and the little you've posted. You are trying to get approval from everyone on here whether it's posting on the site or pm'ing people behind the scenes. Stop your crying. You are not innocent nor are you on a higher level as you try to make yourself to be. There are several other chat boards I will not mention or link that will talk about your character and how many people out there that can't stand you or your partner. I'm a worm and you're a worm for messing this thread up. Obviously I am not a fan of yours because of BS you like to give out. So I will make a deal with you. I will not talk about your little cars, the way you look, dog groomers, you using a sick kid to get sympathy and just you or your partner in general. So I will back off you and you don't make attacks on me. You know this IS a Ferrari site and we do talk about Ferrari's and Lambos. I contribute allot to this site more on the 512TR section plus helped out many with exotics and that is how I get support and friends on here. Why not contribute constructive information vs telling us how I am so horrible to you. We don't have to like each other but I will be decent to you if you don't come up with I am holier than thou speeches. It's up to you!

Aaron there's a good chance I am going to be able to meet up with the Ferrari 512TR and my business partner Doc Campbell will come. I had several Viper owners/friends that have emailed me and wants to come so maybe we can all meet up and drive down together.

Okay I broke my rule about responding to this thread....PM me if anyone is interested in going. I will talk with Jon Dubins today.

16. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Sounds Good I will get with you later we can work out a meeting place.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    final warning to OneFastLotus and silvergts1998, no more flaming posts towards each other or you will be on vacation.

18. fr8dog11

fr8dog11 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008
    louisville
    Full Name:
    jon dubins
    Rob Lay...I never had any intentions of this when I made the start of this. I can only talk about people that I know personally. Adam is a good friend of mine & was one of the people that gave me the idea to post here because his & my intentions are pure- and that was to just help these kids as Adam has done many times, with many kids foundations & causes. Just a few weeks ago, he got a last minute call from someone to give a ride to a child with cancer & he dropped everything to make it work, as he is doing to help me here. I agree with you that the bashing needs to stop but I will defend Adam because I can tell you that he has the highest integrity & truly cares just help people as I have seen first hand working on other car things with him.
    jon

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm sure both Adam and Jennifer are fine, but you know how it goes with the internet and flame wars. Sounds like this one has been going on awhile, get the thread back to the kids, there doesn't need to be any "last words".

20. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    -Rob not a problem from my side. You know me..I like to contribute and want to keep doing that.

-Aaron, Yes let's meet up and all go down together. I plan on bringing the Ferrari 512TR down myself. I am still under 19K on it and need to add more miles to it. :)

-Jon Dubins, It looks like I am going to be able to change my schedule so I leave for Chicago on the 30th so right now I should be able to attend. I talked to Gene who is one of my customers in southern KY who has the Blue and Silver SRT-10 viper that is supercharged that I have done a lot of work on and he isn't going to be able to make it but agreed to let someone drive it over to the camp ground. That Viper is pretty cool if you have'nt seen it before. Lots of power for a street car (820hp). He's the 72 old man that likes to go fast. So it sounds like we will have the support of the Viper Club.

-Gershwin, I have your oil filter for the Ferrari 355 coming in on Friday so we can change the oil on my lift if you want and the sensor is coming to me from Italy directly so that won't be here this week. We can also change the 512TR oil if you want. I have extra UFI filters for it. As of right now they are the only providers for the Ferrari 512TR..let me know.

-Not a poke at jenn, but if you want to come I promise to behave and be nice and I will bury the hatchet. No hard feelings on myside.

21. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Jon, gene wanted me to ask if this is the Methodist owned camp ground? If it is he knows it very well. By the way are the roads paved to the camp ground?

22. fr8dog11

fr8dog11 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008
    louisville
    Full Name:
    jon dubins
    Thanks Adam for working your schedule out...I really do appreciate it! Yes, I believe Camp Loucon is owned by the Baptist Church & I am told all roads are paved BUT I will confirm that with you.
    Talk Soon,
    jon

23. fr8dog11

fr8dog11 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008
    louisville
    Full Name:
    jon dubins
    All roads are paved & I think we have enough cars now!

24. FastLotus

FastLotus Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 9, 2008
    Adam, your attack on two of the kindest and most giving people there are only shows your brutish nature. You and Doug are often mean spirited to those around you. I hope your happy now on the hurt feelings you have caused. BRUTE

25. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Once again Fastlotus, you are publicly dragging me into this, yet you do so while hiding behind a screen name with no profile. Please PM me with your identity so I can figure out why you have such ill will toward me or even know who I am. If I have been "Punk'd" by responding to your posts, then I give you credit for agitating me and I owe you a beer. Either way, let me know your identity in a PM. Otherwise, I would prefer that you keep me out of this until you can clarify why I am so mean spirited.