Rider insurance | FerrariChat

Rider insurance

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Zxgarage, Oct 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zxgarage

Zxgarage Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2011
    MD/ DC area
    Full Name:
    Zack
    #1 Zxgarage, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My policy premium (per year) used to be little over $700. (four bikes insured by them)... They canceled after didn't received my payment ON TIME, I sent by my bank but they RETURNED and cancel the policy to offer again at a new rate. YES ! Look that, same policy, even the number would remain the same, BUT WAIT... The premium now is (Wait...) $4881.00.
    Am I missing something... If that is not illegal, it should. Scammers, they should be ashamed to use the name RIDER. What a crock ! ... not Crooker that would a nice motorcycle
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Never had an issue with them, but I know they are fairly boutique. Send them packing and look for a different insurer.

Pretty crappy if you ask me, but they lose the customer. Good riddance I say - good luck, let us know where you end up.

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Does Maryland have a state board of insurance? Might be time to look into reporting them.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    If the Maryland board is anything like the California board the rate increase is so they can afford the payoff to the commissioner.

I've never heard of Rider but I have had my scooters insured by Progressive for years and couldn't be happier.

5. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    Did they change coverage from liability only, and/or are you now under 25?

6. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Don't feel too bad... We here in Ontario (Canada eh!) pay the highest rates around.
    Having a cruiser, sport bike and dirt bike insured simultaneously will run me close to $3.5k.

Gah.

If that's not enough.. one ticked above 50 km/h gets your vehicle impounded for 7 days + road side license suspension + up to $10k fine. My previous bike did 130 in first gear!

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Nationwide.
    Dairyland.
    Progressive.

Try them all.

Here's a tip; Buy a Harley owner's group (HOG) membership;
    The discounts especially for 4 bikes is worth way more than the membership.
    Plus now you can be part of a REAL motorcycle club.
    Kidding. I own a HD and a Duc.

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    i use rider because they've always been the cheapest out there by far. i recently let my policy expire and they said i owed some money. paid it in full. when i go to restart next year i hope they don't try to pull this crap on me you have me worried now