Rev Limiter on testarossa | FerrariChat

Rev Limiter on testarossa

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi Guys,

So the other day i was in neutral making a video in the car and i foolishly wanted to give it a few revs. To my surprise the testarossa revved to 9000rpm.
    I was under the impression that the rev limiter kicks in at 6,300 0r 6,800.
    Is this correct? Does it only kick in when gear is engaged?
    I have not verified the theory as i usually never rev the car too high but i thought i might ask your infinite wisdom to teach me;)

2. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    All Testarossa's have rev limiters and the fuel cut off should engage 100RPM beyond the redline. However, the electronic rev limiter on these cars is notoriously finicky and is prone to issues additionally the tachs on these cars are not all that accurate. Having the car plugged in is your best option to diagnosing the issue at hand. I've seen a TR engine that was rev'd to 10K it was not pretty.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Good to know. I dont know if i have an issue whatsoever. I never rev it that high... dont want to break it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk