Return of Magnum PI and beaucoup crashes of Ferraris | FerrariChat

Return of Magnum PI and beaucoup crashes of Ferraris

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, May 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    [​IMG]
    from Autoweek

Multiple Ferraris squashed - and shot - as Magnum P.I. returns to TV
    The series will be on CBS this fall with new cast, same Hawaiian location

May 21, 2018

CBS has released a trailer for an all-new Magnum P.I., which will debut in a Monday night time slot this fall with an all-new cast and an appearance by the iconic Ferrari 308, among other cars. We warn you, though, some Ferraris were harmed in the making of this TV show.

“Magnum P.I. returns with all-new sun-drenched adventures as our hero takes jobs no one else will with the help of fellow vets T.C. Calvin and Rick Wright and the former MI6 agent with a familiar last name (but now a female)— Higgins,” reads the official CBS synopsis. “Based on the 1980s series.”

The writing credits include Donald P. Bellisario, the same guy who created the original Magnum. Will it be as good as the quirky and loveable buddy crimebusting series from the ‘80s? Well, it is both directed and executive-produced by Justin Lin, who bears responsibility for multiple Fast and/or Furious sequels starting with Fast Five, and who is signed to direct Fasts 9 and 10 as well, so there are a lot of car crashes, angry heroes bent on revenge, and guys jumping off of flaming trucks before miraculously grabbing helicopter skids just in the nick of time.

[​IMG]
    Car Reviews
    Ferrari 812 Superfast: Make it rain
    There are several surefire ways to predict rain in Los Angeles: There’s the National Weather Service, the Newschopper 6 Doppler 6000 weather report, the rheumatism in your left knee and whenever ...

Among the car crashes -- somewhat painful to watch as you’ll see in the trailer above -- is a Ferrari 458, followed by a 308. The 458 is both shot and run over, while the 308 is shot, run over and then plowed off a cliff before exploding in flames. At the very end there’s what looks like maybe an F12 Aperta but it’s hard to tell - could be anything – but it is not destroyed, at least not in the trailer. There’s also a Lada, or a Fiat - is there really any difference? – that fares much better.

Jay Hernandez, whom you loved in the slasher horrorfests Hostel and Hostel II, as well as the future classics Bad Moms and A Bad Moms Christmas, will play the title role of Thomas Magnum, albeit without the iconic mustache. The role of the curmudgeonly property manager Higgins this time goes to the yoga-fit and very British Perdita Weeks – yes, a lady Higgins, but former MI-6, who pretends to be unimpressed with Magnum but, perhaps, is. TC, ex-Marine Corps helicopter pilot, is played by Stephen Hill; Zachary Knighton plays Rick.

There are a lot more pyrotechnics in this new version, and a lot more killin’, which seems to come with TV nowadays. Will it all work? Find out this fall.

[​IMG]
    Mark Vaughn - West Coast Editor Mark Vaughn covers all car things west of the Mississippi from his Autoweek lair high above the LA metropolis.

-----------------------------------
    Poster's comment:
    I think if Ferraris are crashed willy-nilly in each episode it will make Ferrari drivers look like inept drivers and shameless show-offs. We are better than that, aren't we?

2. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    My wife and I just watched the first episode last night and we loved it! I like the characters and the scenery and camera work is light years ahead of the old Magnum series. I lived on Oahu near Honolulu for five years and it was a hoot to see some the familiar venues, such as Tantalus. We're looking forward to the future episodes for sure.