Retirement Gift? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Retirement Gift?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Snapper323, Oct 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OK, that's a good one. Remember, it's the thought that counts.

2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    shouldn't he be buying us gifts?

I give business to the Scuderia's sponsors whenever I can-Shell for example-that's my gift. I don't smoke so no Marlboros....

Remember when March (?) was sponsered by a condom maker? I used their products too....:)

3. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Well I didn't know that. I can't delete the picture, or I would. Didn't mean any disrespect...

If one of the moderators could delete that picture/post I'd be quite greatfull.

4. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    what's with the homophobic response? no need for that. there's nothing wrong with an appreciative gesture--man, woman, whatever...

lets get that target gift card:)

5. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This may not appeal to some who won't attend, but we could invite MS to the F-Chat Party at Indy F1 2007. We know he likes to come to the US. I bet he's there anyway. Nicky Blaines 2007.

6. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I agree.. but it still seems a little gay. I'm down with the target gift card. Let's just go over the top and make it an even $100. What do you think? I'm pretty sure he'll remember us for a while to come. Who else has the balls to send him a $100 target gift card when you stop and think about it...

:)

Ray

7. BlackRX7Turbo

BlackRX7Turbo Karting

Sep 18, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That is a nice idea...

Another good idea IS what someone said before -- an FChat shirt or something... wouldn't it be interesting if you actually saw him WEARING it? And where else would he get an FChat shirt except from here... and what are the chances that he's going to be reading FChat, much less buying an FChat shirt?

I think it would be neat to see him wearing it... it would mean he actually liked it/appreciated it considering I'm sure it would be the cheapest piece of clothing in his closet...

8. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004

It is what is. A bunch of internet geeks buying a male a gift. That sends up the rainbow flags.

You guys do realize his estate manager would pocket whatever gift you send? You don't really think the big Chin walks down the post office to get his own mail.

9. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    We could send him a Ferrari cake, and he would be happy and grateful cause everyone likes cake.

10. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    not to drag this on, but, i still don't get it...what makes it so different from buying an uncle, or a male friend, or a male coworker we don't really know, any sort of gift for a special occasion--such as retirement?...is it the fact that he's a wealthy stranger to most--if not all- of us?...is that what makes this whole idea unmanly, ie. gay? so it's not ok for men to give other men gifts without seeming gay period? what specifically makes one a 'gay'? why do we still use that language to demean, or marginalize one's manhood?

11. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004

I'm just a old familyman just hit 40. I don't shop at all (I hate to shop more than anything), my wife buys everything that I or my little boys need other than cars, motorcyles , investments or guns. I don't hang out with too many guys I prefer breasts to sausages for company. I asked my trainer (BTW,having a male trainer like some I see at the gym to me also raises rainbow flags) what she thought about this idea. Well that made her laugh pretty hard, she asked if you guys were kidding. So in my own little Disneyland, buying another male and a stranger at that a gift qualifies you for a spot in the Pride parade. And yes I know in this PC age we are all supposed to tolerate others point of view but I'm too f'en old to follow that way of thinking.

12. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Did you ever see that scene in Pulp Fiction? Where they are talking about giving foot massages? Here is the link in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdkksDaSXPU

Maybe you can offer to give Shumi a foot massage? His feet probably hurt from all that driving...

Ray

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    That's it...the same demographic group that find's BMW's iDrive difficult to use wants to buy MS a gift...I never knew so many FChatters were... how do you say,...light in their loafers...

14. AndrewBall

AndrewBall Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew Ball
    have him bring his newly acquired Ferrari to an F-Chat meet.

15. BlackRX7Turbo

BlackRX7Turbo Karting

Sep 18, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    You know, some people would think that the person that pushes the hardest against things that may make them look guy are probably gay...

:)

16. AndrewBall

AndrewBall Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew Ball
    agreed

17. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    How cute Aaron & Andrew (are you two a couple?) ganging up on me.

You two are so adorable, enjoy marching in your Pride Parade . Remember you have rights now too. Hey to keep the Schumacher theme going, maybe you two can invite "Half Schumacher "with you to march since it's long been rumored in Europe that his is a marriage of appearances.

Best Regards you two,

from

ASDS3x (the most tolerant member of F Chat)

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Haha, LMAO great post.

19. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I stopped by my buddies last week. Took some beer for us, and some for him to keep. Is that a tendency?

20. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Not only did you take a gift, but you got your male friend drunk in the process...

hmmm

:D kidding, kidding...

21. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    granted, there are vastly differing individuals on F-chat-- age, education, income, cultural, etc...but, nothing has changed much it seems...so sad

22. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    yeah, some people do think that is the case.. but those people are GAY :) lol

haha :)

Ray

23. BlackRX7Turbo

BlackRX7Turbo Karting

Sep 18, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Now THAT was funny! Although it would have been funnier if you put the caps on for ARE instead of gay... like "but those people ARE gay!"

24. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    After reading 5 pages of negative attacks, BS responses, and acusations of being a HOMO against everyone for offering to simply say thanks, I would rather NOT be associated with any "official" gift to MS from Fchat. I really cant believe some of you people. Ever heard of Cranialrectalitis? Who would ever of thunk that people of a site about the greatest car in the world would be so crass they couldnt even muster a simple "thanks" without finding some way to ruin it for everyone else. Read some of these responses. Would you want a thank you gift from a group who had people like that? Be like getting a calendar from a funeral home with pictures of necrophilia for the month of October.