Results of Round 2, VIR | FerrariChat

Results of Round 2, VIR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Jul 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #1 johnhoughtaling, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    Races 3 and 4 of Round 2 of the FCRA Championship were run at VIR

After setting a pole time of 1:59, Race 3 was won by Jerome Bocuse who held off a hard charging Will Haney who came in second. After hitting a curb and cutting a tire Haney had to start from 15th on the 19 Ferrari Challenge car grid. Paul Prideaux came in third followed closely by Alfred Caiola, who drove an oustanding race, driving without a wing and splitter. The top five cars were all within a second and at or below 2:00.

Peter Castella won first in the 360 class after setting a blisteringly fast 360 time of 2:04. Joe Rubbo finished second even after recovering from an early spin. John Johnson was third.

The 355 class saw the lead change ten times between Onafio Triasi, Rob Lay and Franco Valobra. The three finished nose to tail in that order

Race 4, the main event of Round two, saw Will Haney first, Jerome Bocuse second and Alfred Ciaola third in the 430 class.

The 360 class was once again dominated by Peter Castella with Joe Rubbo and John Johnson placing third. The 355 class again saw Triasi, Lay and Valobra first, second, and third respectively.

Round 2 of the FCRA championship fielded a full grid of Ferrari Challenge cars without a single incident of car to car contact or race damage. Congrats to all of the FCRA drivers who attended. The racing was exciting, close, and safe, proving the FCRA concept of clean gentleman's ferrari club racing.

Despite the fact that the VIR date was a late calendar change and a holiday weekend, the field was 19 Ferrari challenge cars. The fact that this full grid of cars ran two races without car contact and without mechanical failure, demonstrates the dedication and professionalism of the teams and the drivers.

The FCRA expects another 30 car plus field for round 3 at NJMS as a support Grand Am race on July 21-24.

2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Delightful event, great folks, great racing!

MyLaps results for all sessions here: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=681964

You can see the action by clicking on "Lap Chart" and you can see class results by clicking on the top right button on the results pages.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I appreciate having everything on MyLaps, thank you!

Turns out I had nothing for Onofrio, but Race 2 I was sure trying. I kept him in sight, but now I see on MyLaps that whatever I threw at him he was upping me by tenths. It “drove” me to do (5) 2:09’s in a row and nothing over 2:10. Motivation is good. :)

I appreciate the quick tips Peter! I needed you there today as I finally hit the first plateau sticking to 2:09 flat for both races. Almost there on 10 & 11, but not quite perfect leaving 2-3 feet of pavement on exit. Everywhere else pretty good, maybe a little more courage would get a couple tenths in the esses. :D

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #4 rob lay, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Congratulations to all the drivers of this FCRA race!

We would like to recognize our team podium finishers: Paul Prideaux, Alfred Caiola, Peter Castellana & Rob Lay.

We would also like to thank the volunteer organizers that made this event successful, as well as all the teams that worked together in keeping all the cars up and running (thanks Jimmy)