Restoring ‘84 Mondial 3.0 Q.V. | FerrariChat

Restoring ‘84 Mondial 3.0 Q.V.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ar_es, Mar 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    Hello everyone.
    Me and my uncle are restoring an ‘84 Mondial 3.0.
    The car has major damages on the chassis and body shell.
    The engine looks ok, except for the car has been turned off since a few years.
    I found some parts on internet (UK) and honestly the body shell doesn’t worry me that much.
    What do you guys suggest for the chassis and eventually engine parts? May I find a clean chassis to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Hi, do you have any pictures?

By chassis do you mean engine cradle and/ or the front substructure?

The main chassis is a lot trickier.

Have you measured the chassis and pick up points etc to check for alignment?

Are you planning to rebuild the engine yourself? Is it just a parts supplier you are after?

Sounds like it will need servicing, some replacement belts, pipes, pulleys, gaskets and checks to coolant and petrol systems at least. Probably benefit from leak down and compression testing etc. Interference engines often last good after standing!!!

That said, without detail it’s easy to be a little on the careful side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I have a lot of parts for the QV and live in Belgium, not so far away from Italy. Check what I have in stock: www.redbaycars.com

4. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I hold a number of body and chassis parts of the QV like doors, roof, rear wing, rear centre piece, front spoiler, cover plates, wheel liners, suspension, etc.. Pics of those will be sent on Monday.

Here are already a number of pictures of the Mondial T chassis I currently have in stock.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Wow thats a project. Good luck.