Restored 365 for 14,200 on Autotraderclassics.com | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Restored 365 for 14,200 on Autotraderclassics.com

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 412fan, Nov 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    I had some photographs of my 308 "hijacked" and they turned up in an autotrader type site in Vancouver B.C. A fellow Fchatter saw the ad and recognized it as my car and pm'd me. I reported it to the website and the ad was removed the next day. It was offered for $4,300 :D

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    All they are looking for is something like a $500 deposit to hold the car from being sold to someone else. I would bet that this happens more than you might think.

3. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #29 blkprlz, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    To see where this would lead, I too emailed the seller (shown as Larry5s4 from Phila.). & got a similar response. I checked the box 'send me a copy of my email' & noticed it went to a patricknorris, not to Larry. The response, however, was from Larry McCoy & he's not in Phila. but from Colo. Spgs., CO. & said that the car was still for sale & that it is with the shipping co.. He also mentioned that he did have an interested buyer last week but the sale fell thru as the buyer was turned , as it would be "for our own safety." He told me he already paid the ship'g. co. $750. & that he could not get that back, so he would ship it to me & that I had 7 days to inspect (according to eBay's VPP program). If I didn't like it, I could just send it back. Along w/all of this, he did make it available for me to see the car @ C. Spgs. (what a twist!). I responded to him with 'eBays VPP program only applies to listings & purchases thru eBay motors', & that it appears that he hijacked the pix from a prior eBay sale (of which I included the links to the eBay sale & F-chat for him to see 'infuriasi's' response to the matter). I closed w/ "do you care to come clean or should I warn others?" It's been 48 hrs. w/no reply. I'm figuring infuriasi reported the orig. list'g. resulting in the listing 'no longer avail.' & subsequently listed by another seller in Ca. That listing is now 'no longer avail.' & it's now relisted by someone in NY. I inquired to Autotrader about the fraudulent listings & whether they black list sellers & cars when discovered as the word on the steet is that this is a common event w/Autotrader. It will be interesting what their reply is, if any.

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    EBay should put a water mark of the sellers ID on each picture.

5. 412fan

412fan Karting

Aug 1, 2005
    Northern Plains
    That is a very good idea

6. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    That is amazing and scary all at the same time. You would think a publication like auto trader would have some computer program to filter out unrealistic advertisements. I will never be able to look at cars the same way after seeing some of these ads.

Jamaican money scams, lost traveler e-mails (from friends) and Ferrari posting scams, what's next???

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    So Curly and Shemp never claimed ownership ?

8. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk........a Wise Guy, eh.........?