Restaurant in Cairo | FerrariChat

Restaurant in Cairo

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Trax, Feb 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I’m going to be in Cairo on business with my wife for a few days in March
    Can anyone recommend some good restaurants to go to?

BTW I’ve never been to Cairo before and I think we are staying at the Four Seasons Hotel

2. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Cool! Yeah I found the coolest restaurant with outdoor seating along with views of the nile and authentic egyptain food. I will go through my journal and find the name for you this evening. I cant remember because its been close to 10 years now..

Jason

3. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    If you go four seasons, go to the First residence, it's better, even if a bit off the track (but anyway, cairo is very big).

For food, you have a huuuge choice, i guess you'll want some typical stuff, so here a few hints :
    Le Pacha 1901 in Zamalek has a really very very good lebanese restaurant on the top floor. Have a Shisha there. Come late, as people tend to dine late, and there are musicians from 11PM on. So much better than the ones in Semiramis or so. There is another lebanese restaurant, Tabboulah next to the canadian Embassy, but it's not that fun.
    The "famous" abou el sid is fun as well. There is one in Maadi (residencial district, far from the town) or downtown, in Zamalek, close to 26th of July st.
    Close to it is as well a restaurant upstairs, called "La Bodega". They also have a bar (or even two) that has many locals/expats going out.
    There are also many options in Mohandesseen, Mint was fun, even if a bit weird eating decent italian while drinking strawberry juice, but the decor is cool.
    In Maadi you have restaurants on the nile banks, TGI Fridays' (...) and a middle eastern one next to it.

You could of course go to any hotel, but it's only half the fun. For partying those are usually the spots thought.

Do you have an idea what you would love to eat ?

4. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    don't have a choice of hotel - someone else has organised it

food - something local or lebanese

5. krC2S

krC2S Karting

Dec 7, 2006
    boston, MA
    i would go with this suggestion you won't have a problem finding lebanese, italian, french, american, asian food but should try something local IMO

their food is pretty good..maadi branch has nice outdoor seating but zamalek is more lively but tight

should also stop by khan el khalili bazar very lively and unique