Request: Backside of a wheel. | FerrariChat

Request: Backside of a wheel.

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by D2X, Mar 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D2X

D2X Rookie

May 12, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Probably an unusual request, but I'm looking for a picture of the backside of a center lock wheel, which is why I posted in this forum, since these cars have them.

The reason I'd like to see the back is because I want to demonstrate that center lock wheels still have multiple locating bolts around the center to hold the wheel in place. Pictures I've seen of the F50's hubs show this, but I'd like to see the backs of the wheels too, and I can't find any pictures of them online. Other hub shots would be welcome too.

It doesn't even have to be a Ferrari, MC12, Carrera GT... etc, anything that uses center lock wheels will work. Thanks in advance.

janmante likes this.
  2. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Camelot likes this.
  3. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  4. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Often the pcd of the locating holes match the same pcd of the studs/bolts on the version of the normal production hub that is not a centre lock, not sure if this is the case with Ferrari at 5x108? as it helps with brake bells etc as well. I had some Ford centrelocks which had 4x108 for both types

janmante likes this.
  6. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
  7. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    janmante likes this.
  8. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    but ! Those are FAKE center lock wheels ! LOL ! ( have wondered why more don't do like that tho ! ) pretty good fake !

9. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I prefer the term "Homage" :D all the aesthetics of a centre lock, without the hassle of hauling a huge torque wrench around! They are genuine BBS LMs though.

janmante likes this.
  10. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    Sorry they are fake how about Ersatz? LOL
    Who says you have to Lug a big 3/4 inch Drive torque wrench around? If I get a flat I'm calling a flatbed tow truck if the tire sealant kit won't fix it no spare tire on my car tow trucks have big breaker bars
    Anyway the torque wrench and it's nice case will fit behind the seats. Along with the big breaker bar
    Or We will use our cell phone and Call Jeeves He will dispatch from the home work shop with all required tools in the Alfa Romeo gulia quadrofoglio and speedily arrive at our destination so we may Repair said trifling mechanical malady and dastardly inconvenience and carry on regardless with great haste in spite of the untimely delay!

11. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    The sole and genuine purpose of a centrelock wheel is to simply allow ultra fast changes during timed competition events, any other car running them is also faking it, for no other reason than the look..

janmante likes this.
  12. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    Absolutely Nothing wrong w/ doing it for aesthetics ( A center lock wheel ) we value simplicity, we LOVE parsimony! It goes w/a scientific outlook !
    I do not need to change tires fast or often but yea I can see the envy of the guys at the tire shops when i arrive w/ my REAL center-lock wheels and the "trick factor " is undeniable.
    As is the "Ick factor " of fake, ersatz, false, only appearing to be center-lock wheels ! Admit it !
    Most would also not fancy a fake Ferrari F40 plastic body kit on a Pontiac Fiero ! would you ? "Oh ! but it looks like a REAL ferrari ! " LOL
    You do you, you want the look so why not get the real thing ? why compromise? $ ?
    If I had not gone this route I would get some nice light wheels! -we already use ACER racing titanium lug bolts ( saved 6 POUNDS ! )
    Might still do it !
    Judges at the car shows where our car has won over 20 trophies in the last two years will appreciate the REAL, genuine thing ! Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    your wheels ? I like them ! how much do they weigh ? , Cost ? Why paint ? bare aluminum looks very real racer ! just ball polish and clear ! IMHO [​IMG]

14. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    #14 PAUL500, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Thanks. Not sure on weight yet, will have a better idea once they are rebuilt. Cost wise, again not sure, bought the various parts over some time now and not added it all up.BBS LMs only come in two piece and I also wanted wider rears (13") which are not available, so these have been converted to 3 piece now to achieve that, and the centrelock "look" set up is made by Fifteen 52 and adapted to fit. Far more practical for a road spec car.

I believe they are unique (built not bought), which was my aim, and I like them.

I only have to carry the top item in the car, my huge torque wrench is kept for race car use only.

Image Unavailable, Please Login