Reproduction window stickers | FerrariChat

Reproduction window stickers

Discussion in '360/430' started by concours, Mar 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. concours

concours Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Palos Verdes, Ca
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Can anyone recommend a source for reproduction 360 window stickers ["Parts content information"] ? Are they the same in Europe or elsewhere? Thanks for any info.

2. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Are you referring to a Monroney sticker or label? If you know the origninal dealer to first sell the car they can have one made up for you.

3. concours

concours Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Palos Verdes, Ca
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Yes I am referring to the "Monroney" label. I didn't know that anyone used that name any more. Thanks for the tip I will try and track down the original dealer.

4. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I called my local dealer and gave them my Vin number. They told me who originally sold my car and I called them. They then put a request in to Ferrari N.A. for a new sticker and I got one in 3 weeks.

5. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Which sticker are you discussing????

Location please.

Thank you.

Yours,

Tom

6. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    That sounds great. Will try to get one for my 430 :). How much did they charge you?

7. concours

concours Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Palos Verdes, Ca
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thanks Mike. Tom if you go to any NEW car dealers lot [in the US] and look at the passengers side windows you will see the large label, with car specs. and pricing, which is the one being discussed.
    If it is of interest to anyone the reason for my interest is that the FCA is thinking ahead to future concours. It used to be that Ferrari offered very few options and so it was that years later at Ferrari Concours events it was fairly easy for judges to recognise what was "original" to the particular car being judged versus items added by a dealer or owner and therefore liable for points deduction. An interesting exception to this was a car radio, which the factory rarely fitted but is considered a "safety" modification as also are seat belts added later.
    Starting around the late 90's Ferrari woke up to the huge added profit margins to be realised by offering many "extras" to their cars. So, for example our 360's became available with CD players for a mere $1086, or power daytonas at $4201 along with colored calipers,shields etc. So at a concours 10 or more years on how are the concours judges to know what was original equipment? Answer, a handy copy of the original Monroney sticker which is becoming sought after by many buyers now.

8. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike

Get this.....FREE! And I didn't even have to pay for shipping if I remember correctly.

9. antmaggio

antmaggio Karting

Aug 19, 2009
    canada
    Full Name:
    Anthony Maggio
    I asked my dealer here in Ontario, Canada and he told me that canadains don't get one on their cars. Is this true.

10. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I received the sticker for free. I do believe this is US requirement only

11. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Thank you.

12. GDVBR8N

GDVBR8N Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Milwaukee< WI
    Full Name:
    Robert H. Blondis
    I just bought my first Ferrari, a 2004 360 Spider, from a non-Ferrari dealer. My salesman asked the dealer that sold the car new (located in Atlanta) to get him a copy of the window sticker, a/k/a Munroney sticker. That was a month ago. I had him tell the Atlanta dealer that I would pay a reasonable fee. So far, he feels he has been given the run around. Is the original dealer required to get a reproduction for a new owner, or is it optional. If it is optional, does anyone know someone in Atlanta who might help me out?

13. Lead Foot

Lead Foot Karting

May 30, 2011
    Have you called the Atlanta dealer?

iirc, the GM of the Atlanta dealership posts in the SE region of fchat. I think the screen name is something like lanakai ... Send him a PM?

14. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Why are so many missing from used cars?
    I'd think this an important thing to have for re-sale

15. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I asked a salesman at the dealer who originally sold my car about a repro sticker and I was met with a blank stare as if they had never heard of such a thing.

one4torque likes this.
  16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    One of the ways to find the original selling dealer would be to look in the warranty book. That information should be there, as well as the name of the first owner.

If the dealers won't help you out, a call to FNA will usually make it happen.

17. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #17 English Rebel, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #18 Kevin Rev'n, Nov 7, 2013
    Time to talk to a manager or secretary there!

Word of caution on these stickers. I was able to get one for my car from the dealer that sold me the car but I think that portions of the sticker are pre-printed like the current gas regulations. I just recently posted a pic for someone and found out that the EPA info on my sticker contains info for 2008! My car was sold in 2003 so I am getting close.

If anyone has a good scan of this part of the sticker from a 2003 sticker I would love to have it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    #19 netman, Nov 7, 2013
  20. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I thought they made them at the dealership..

I've got a template that might work OK on a mac if anyone is interested.

21. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Mine did come from Steve Harris imports. I believe the EPA information year is part of the original paper

22. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I sent an email to Wide World Ferrari (the original dealer for my car) to ask for a window sticker. They replied because my car was so old the information was archived so they couldn't help.
    Alan

23. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This means you will have to pay for them to go find it in the boxes. Maybe you can offer to pay for the labor to find it with a do not exceed price?

24. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    This is what they said:
    Alan

Alan
    Congratulations on your purchase Due to the time factor these records have been archived so I do not have access to them. Even if I did we would not have the original window sticker at best maybe a copy.
    If you need any assistance with servicing the Ferrari please let me know!
    Regards

Were these printed and put on by the dealer or by FNA at the port of entry? I guess with a copy and Photoshop you could reproduce one if you had all the pricing information etc.
    Alan

25. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #25 vrsurgeon, Nov 8, 2013