488 - Replacing 488 badges: nose, rear lid, cavallino and shields | FerrariChat

488 Replacing 488 badges: nose, rear lid, cavallino and shields

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by V8date, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V8date

V8date Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    NC
    I have a need to remove/replace the rear badges [P/N 61025000 and P/N 60032109] and the front nose emblem [P/N 65394800]. I was hoping to gather some collective guidance on 488 badge removal since access to a few emblems changed between the 458 and 488.

• From what I can tell from the below thread, the rear cavallino [P/N 60032109] has 2x nuts that require bumper removal.
    • It would seem the rear engine lid 'Ferrari' badge [P/N 61025000] has 2x posts secured with directional clips [P/N 88074800] that will need to be replaced during reinstall. I am not seeing the 2x posts or clips when the lid is lifted though, so am unsure how to access the clips for removal.
    • The nose emblem seems to have a single post and nut. It would seem the tub or at least frunk/tub surrounds need to be removed to access the nut.
    • The shields have several posts and nuts. Removal of the wheel and wheel well surround is required to access the nuts. See here:

Has anyone removed the 488's rear cavallino, engine lid 'Ferrari' emblem, or the nose emblem that can confirm the above and/or provide removal/reinstall tips? Thank you!

2. Pbl1

Pbl1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2022
    New Haven CT
    Full Name:
    Peter Leoni
    I have the same question on rear deck Ferrari emblem removal. By running fishing line under emblem I find 4 post going into deck but from backside I only see 2 rubber capped post I believe, need to double check again tomorrow as I’m sure I might of missed the other two.
    Thanks for any help from someone whom has removed this emblem from 458 coupe.
    Peter