Replacing 328 Fog Light Bulb | FerrariChat

Replacing 328 Fog Light Bulb

Discussion in '308/328' started by italia16, Jan 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italia16

italia16 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2004
    My fog light on the driver's side is not working so I assume it is the bulb. To replace it, do I need to remove the entire turn signal/fog light assembly from the front to replace the fog light bulb?

Can I get to it from the back by removing a panel behind it? I am planning to replace it with a Hella H3 bulb, 12V, 55W.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    From memory you remove a couple of screws to take off the indicator lens. That then exposes a couple more screws that releases the whole cluster from the car & so you can then change the foglight bulb from the back.
    So 4 screws & it shouldn't take too long

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  3. italia16

italia16 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2004
    Yes, from other threads here and on ***********.com, there are the 2 screws in the corners and then 2 behind those after removing the lens. Then I can pull it off. I tried the first 2 but they are tight so I may have to use something to loosen them so I don't strip them.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    No point in putting in an H3 bulb and increasing the load on an already fragile and overloaded electrical panel. The fog light lens is designed to diffuse the light and distribute it so close to the front of the car it will not improve night vision. If you want to improve the lights get LED headlights.

5. italia16

italia16 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2004
    I am not trying to improve the lighting, just replace it with the same type bulb. I thought the H3 bulb was the same as what is in it now. Is there another type bulb that I should use?

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    It has been a few years since I replaced one. Just put in the cheapest you can find.

7. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    On my mondial a have just enough space passing the lower under grill with my hand/arm and loosen with a small screwdriver the 2 screws holding that little cover. Removing that lamp is just a matter of "Fingerspitzengefühl". There should be the same space on your 328.
    Guido

8. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    2 Screws it is self locating when you put it back 10. Min job