Repainting under front bumper lip | FerrariChat

Repainting under front bumper lip

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Snewton94024, Oct 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    I have several scratches under the lip of my California T due to driving over speed bumps and not being careful enough. I want to repaint that area but am having trouble finding a paint shop which feels comfortable removing the bumper cover and then reassembling it due to the proximity sensors.
    Anyone have experience in repainting this area along with cost and also any shop to do it?
    I live in the Bay Area.
    Thanks!

2. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    I might suggest a couple of surgeons (Uhh, I mean mechanics) to do this. Have a shop you trust to do the prep, then take to paint shop. Don't know if car will be drive-able, so might car carry from shop to shop. I know - - - sounds like a royal pain. My older car needed some similar care, but had no issues w sensors. I actually did some prep by masking of areas of concern. It was fairly reasonable. Like 400, and it came out fine - no complaints. Best of luck. Any good tips from where you got the car?

How we love them so!

3. lawteam

lawteam Karting

May 15, 2009
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan Fetterman
    Honestly, I know it's a Ferrari, but it is still a car. Almost all high end cars today have proximity sensors. Any high end body shop should be able to do this without a problem. You might even look into installing bumper under shields so the problem does not recur.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app