Renault finally protests Racing Point | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Renault finally protests Racing Point

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    FIA changed the way fuel was metered--and this is what Ferrari to lose power.

DF1 likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    375+ likes this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The standard post race reprimand that they have been issuing to Clone Point.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    If F1 wasn't on rocky ground as it is, they had to make things worse with this Clown Point farce.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. DF1

Initiated by F1 teams. Ferrari and Clone still pursue. They have the right but we shall see how far it goes lol

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

So, Ferrari, itself under a cloud, is harassing another team for some technical irregularity.

How ironic ...

9. DF1

Clone cheat-Point harrassed Renault last year and they had to be rid of parts on a braking system. Sorry but Clone Point cannot have it both ways. I fully support all teams who were or are involved with this continuing to get the FIA and others to fix the broken system. It allows unlawful parts to continue to be used. Ferrari have EVERY right to pursue this. Clone has the right to defend.

Certainly not news.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You are fully entitled to your opinion, but I find amusing that a team that works in mysterious ways with the FIA insists on denouncing another one.

Yoy know what they say about those sitting in glass houses ...

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #436 DeSoto, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Everybody knows that this stinks, but some were bought and others were asked politely to stay quiet if they want an engine for next year.

I'm pretty sure that Ferrari would be willing to do a deal. But it's not going to be for free. I think that if the Mercedes customer teams agreed to not use their "free" tokens the issue could be wiped under the nearest rug.

stavura, fil, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I love how cloning an entire car is swept under the rug of ''some technical irregularity''.

fil likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Horner acknowledges the fraud but doesn't have the stones to protest. Ever the rodent.

What smells to high heaven is Stroll-Wolff alliance. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Just re-brand Formula I as Formula H--for hypocrisy.

stavura, fil and Bas like this.
  14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    What do they (Ferrari) have to lose??;)

15. DF1

Nothing after yesterday!! Might make the Ferrari faster! lol :)

16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    It´s funny that reasoning of "fix you stuff first before complaining about the others". It´s like if I was robbed at gunpoint by Jeff Bezos and he told me "shut the **** up, I already was rich and you poor, so it doesn´t change a thing".

You can afford the luxury of generosity when you`re winning. It´s now that any protest, grey area, cheat or whatever needs to be exploited.

17. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    OK, so the hastily written token rules for 2021 have a loophole that can benefit engine customers who also purchase rear suspensions to go with the customer transmissions - that's a problem with the FIA and their lazy legal team drafting vague regulations. Ferrari (hilarious that their excuse is "we want complete transparency" - OK, that goes both ways - you share the text of the secret agreement with the FIA about the cheating 2019 engines!) protesting Racing Point about the 2021 token rule doesn't make any sense at all. If Ferrari are sincere in why they are protesting Racing Point, they should also protest Alpha Tauri and HAAS and Alfa Romeo, since all those teams could get rear suspension upgrades without using tokens.

18. DF1

Would a ruling against token use not apply to all? Be nice to finally hear details on the 'secret' Ferrrari settlement. The Ferrari legal team must feel they have a case in all this??

19. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    HAAS and Alfa Romeo are using 2020 stuff, so they wouldn´t benefit of the loop hole. Alpha Tauri, HAAS and Alfa Romeo are not using "listed" parts and their cars don´t look to be a clone, so there is nothing to protest there.

20. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Ferrari realized this was going no where and decided to focus on their own problems and has dropped the RP protest.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Or they got what they wanted.

Secret agreement, etc...

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    And you know this how? You crack me up

23. DF1

Ferrari have withdrawn their appeal against Racing Point's punishment in Formula 1's 'copying' row. https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/54048529

The team were docked 15 points 400,000 euros for illegally copying Mercedes' 2019 brake ducts for use on their car this season.

Racing Point also withdrew their appeal before the Italian Grand Prix.

Both teams cited the fact that governing body the FIA had since clarified issues regarding the unique design of F1 cars.

Ferrari said the decision to discontinue the appeal was because the FIA had approved amendments to the 2021 regulations that "clarified the responsibilities" of teams "in the design of the components of a single-seater and implement specific monitoring procedures to ensure that both the letter and the spirit of the regulations are fully respected".

Ferrari described this as "tackling a fundamental aspect of the DNA of this highly competitive sport".