Renault finally protests Racing Point | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Renault finally protests Racing Point

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    We don´t know what Toto had to swallow in the new concorde agreement. Maybe this was a victory for Renault.

crinoid likes this.
  2. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I got a 'do not circumvent the profanity filter' warning for something similar. But maybe it's not a profanity if it belongs to a bull ... :)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    About time that they realized this was a pointless battle.

subirg and william like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Like the Ferrari 'secret agreement" we will never know the truth potentially lol

5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Spa 2020 (Thursday)

Binotto will fly in tomorrow.

Ferrari HAS NOT dropped their appeal against Racing Point due to the rear racing ducts.

375+ and DF1 like this.
  6. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Ferrari’s time and energy would be better spent working on their car instead of harassing Racing Point, everyone else realizes there is no further case beyond the steward’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. DF1

Harrassing lol? Much like any other F1 team, Ferrari have a right to use the regulations and system presented to them, and all other F1 teams as needed. Did Racing Point withdraw there action as well. Sorry but this is not a system only set up to benefit your favorite team. Its for all. They used this system to harrass as you put it, Renault last year.

stavura, 375+ and Igor Ound like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    This is for the "lawyers."

Ferrari engineers, mechanics, pit crew, and drivers are not going to "harass" RP.

This is part of F1, "harassing" or protesting. Almost everyone does it.

Ferrari's lack of performance will continue into next year.

jpalmito likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    This became part of F1 over the years; it has not always been like this.

10. DF1

They have every right to pursue this as the token rule is was put in play rather quickly earier this season and does not at all benefit others. Good for Ferrari to pursue this -

A potential loophole in the FIA's new development token system will allow Racing Point and AlphaTauri to make significant upgrades without deploying tokens, much to the frustration of rival Formula 1 teams.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/racing-point-alphatauri-tokens-rivals-angry/4839030/

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I´ve read one of the books of Alfred Neubauer, the one about the pre-war races, and he told how he pretended to win a race protesting that an Alfa (I think Nuvolari) had driven in opposite direction, something that of course was forbidden. He had spun and to turn it back again had to drive in opposite direction just a few meters; just a technicality. In the end, the guys at Alfa said that if he protested that, they´d protest another thing that Mercedes had done wrong and the result would be the same. And he told it that way, without giving it any importance: "yes, I´ve tried to cheat and was outsmarted". He understood that it was part of the game.

I´m not saying that it´s good or bad, but it always has happened.

DF1 and tifosi12 like this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's the story of Stirling Moss losing the 1958 WDC because he appealed AGAINST the stewards' decision to disqualify Mike Hawthorn, judging it injust.
    Hawthorn had been excluded from the results in one race because he drove against the course to restart his car after spinning.
    Moss and Hawthorn were friends, and Moss didn't want to win thanks to the disqualification of a rival.
    Hawthorn points were reinstated and he won the title by 1 point, scoring only one win that year, against Moss 3 !!!
    Drivers were gentlemen in those days, and fairplay part of their ethos.
    Hawthorn died 3 or 4 months later in a road crash ... Moss lived another 62 years.

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I think that drivers were more elegant back then because there was a real risk of death and less money. Also they were not robots educated since they were kids to drive, and the importance of victory was put into another context. But regarding the team managers, I don´t think they were always gentlemen.

In this case, I think that Ferrari is damn right about keeping the protest. They already gave up in the tokens system to help the small teams, despite that means these two years are going to be hell for them. But allowing Clone Point their dubious car and still giving them "free tokens" because Mercedes is selling one year old gearboxes and suspension arms... no ****ing way.

Igor Ound and DF1 like this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think the solution for Ferrari is to build a better car than Mercedes, and beat them fair and square.
    Something they will achieve one day ...

15. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yes, Ferrari one day will do that, but the following day will still belong to Mercedes.

16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    That or arrange a secret testing.

You have to try harder.

Bas likes this.
  17. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Whatever happens with this pointless protest won’t change the fact that Merc have already won the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Ferrari need to get off this pointless challenge and focus on the 2022 car. Otherwise we will be right back here again for many years to come...

tifosi12 and Bas like this.
  18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's getting a bit silly now.

Ferrari, just upgrade as you see fit. Change anything you damn well please on your car and engine. This and next year is beyond lost. F1 is a joke. Not allowed to compete.

pilotoCS, fil and 375+ like this.
  19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Speaking of Fia investigations btw how about finding out which of the teams hacked Ferrari’s computers last year to know how the engine worked? How can that not be punishable? Fia must know who’s asked for some specific checks on the PU

fil and 375+ like this.
  20. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I believe Ferrari was burning a lot of oil which tipped off the that the engine was not complying with the regulations. Obviously what ever has been ruled illegal and had to be changed provided a significant advantage. Amazing Ferrari was able to keep it confidential.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Gordon Murray could contradict this statement

22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    it seems that you are sensitive to the human aspect of this sport and not just to a list. it is rather reassuring.