Removing/Reapplying badges | FerrariChat

Removing/Reapplying badges

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by FerrariBeev, Sep 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariBeev

FerrariBeev Rookie

May 21, 2020
    I am getting PPF applies to my California T.

should I have them remove the badges and put in the PPF, or try and cut/stencil around them.

if they take them off, can they be re-attaches? If so, how?

they are telling me it is better to replace with new ones. But that sounds expensive. Thoughts? Advice?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I had Expel Ultimate installed a few months ago on my 458 Spider. The techs who did the installation used sheets of Expel and custom cut around my emblems. If done correctly the trimming is so close to the emblem that the cut lines cannot be seen. I did not have the PPF installed under my "Ferrari" emblem on the Hood cover. If this emblem simply unbolts there is no question that it should be removed. It it is installed with double-sided tape it can easily be removed and new tape installed. I installed an Italian flag Tri-Color flag badge on my former 360 Spider and when I purchased my 458 Spider I wanted to keep and reinstall that emblem. I used fishing line to slide under the badge, and a bit of heat, to remove it. I cleaned the old 3M tape off and reinstalled new double sided tape. I was able to keep and re-install my emblem on the 458. If I could do it a Pro installer should be able to as well.

FerrariBeev likes this.
  3. FerrariBeev

FerrariBeev Rookie

May 21, 2020
    Thanks for the feedback!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  4. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    If they are using a CAD template then the "Ferrari" will have a rectangular cut out for the trunk lid. That's how my 458 Coupe was done. On my Pista spider, the emblem is easily removed by 2 nuts so they did it that way which is what they did for the GPS antenna. However, the 458 antenna couldn't be easily taken off so the roof template has a cut out for it too.

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Always best to avoid cuts. Some have posted that their paint was cut into with custom PPF install. You have to trade that off with someone taking a set of hand tools to your car. That's why an experienced installer is more important that the film being installed.