Removing 430 Capristo Exhaust Brackets | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Removing 430 Capristo Exhaust Brackets

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The Fuchs tailpipes don't make a lot of sense to me; anything meaningful would merge both banks.

2. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    OEM merges through the muffler with the valves closed. No different to the one in your photo.

3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    but trust me guys sound wise it makes a BIG difference, the pipes are wider too

4. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
  5. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    jo.e likes this.
  6. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    The Fuchs tailpipes are the nicest pipes for the F430 in my mind. My tips are special made for the stock tailpipes and the Fuchs tips were our role model. My tips are 90cm diameter too. I think the Fuchs sounds a little bit higher because the X-Pipe in the tailpipe. It would be interesting if the X-Pipe in the tailpipes costs some power. No matter which X-Pipe we have tested so far, they have all cost some performance compared to stock.

I think 4,000 € are a lot of money for an exhaust similar to stock and thus has a similar sound. From the performance nothing is better than stock.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so will going to a aftermarket tubi exhaust remedy the bracket issue? or just the ferrari sport exhaust thats made by tubi?

i have capristo headers, high flow cats, and the capristo bracket. or do i just replace the capristo bracket with an oem one and deal? im not against changing the mufflers but have been in no rush since the car sounds great

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Yes but the smart thing to do with the FUCHS is just but the Valved Tailpipe section, it fits with OEM Muffler, I think I paid something like EUR 1600

9. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    Yes but then you have in Germany the same problem like iPE - no TÜV! I want it legal with a nice optic.

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    get yourself a Carbon diffusser and change the tailpipes for the vehicle metriculaton test, its takes 1 hr every 2 years, Capristo exhausts are good, brackets not, mine for sale for $100 + shipping

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    jo.e likes this.
  12. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    At this moment I have no vibration. It works very well. All 4 screws must be tightened approximately equally and not too weak. The small spring must have a good tension.

13. Got2run

Got2run Rookie

Oct 28, 2013
    Same here. Stock MKIIs with Capristo brackets. No vibration so far.

jo.e likes this.
  14. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    monitored every week etc, capristo exhaust brackets are a nice idea, mine are for sale for $120

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    mmmmh gotta have bradan take a look at mine...

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you put the car up on a lift every week??

17. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    you can do this without a lift from the engine bay

18. Jonathan White

Aug 9, 2018
    Cotswolds, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan White
    RichardCH, I'll take your brackets please, I'll pm my details.

19. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  20. egi

egi Rookie

Jun 6, 2010
    Removed my Capristo mounts as well, no more rattles.

21. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    to be truthful by passenger door window now has a bit of vibration, it has to come through somewhere

Evad likes this.
  22. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So, ssforcedfed-

“so will going to a aftermarket tubi exhaust remedy the bracket issue? or just the ferrari sport exhaust thats made by tubi?

i have capristo headers, high flow cats, and the capristo bracket. or do i just replace the capristo bracket with an oem one and deal? im not against changing the mufflers but have been in no rush since the car sounds great“

Response:

I see no issues he has answered so I’ll take a try based on limited info

- I have ferrari sport exhaust made by Tubi, while not enough people have responded to “prove”this scenario works, I have not heard of anyone having an exhaust bracket issue with this setup. This could just be because there are so few and no one with an issue is on Fchat.
    - I don’t know if you get the same benefit with a Tubi exhaust that is fitted to an F430. I do know that the Ferrari sport exhaust by Tubi, is a very different setup than a Tubi exhaust fitted to an F430 (hope this makes sense). In fact, while I do not know this (but worth a check if you are considering a switch ), the Tubi exhaust fitted to an F430 May use stock brackets. If this is true, I think you have the answer to your question (I have not done the research). Good luck.

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hey for some reason i missed this post - thank you for commenting. I will call my dealer tomorrow and see if i can order a 430 sport exhaust and test it out! If i had a coupe id just put a capristo exhaust on but with a convertible it will be too loud - thats really why i wanted to keep the oem mufflers. When the top is down the car is pretty loud as it is!

Keith Ngulube likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    did you put the stock ones back?

so one reason people started using the capristo brackets was to prevent the headers from cracking. BUT, factory ferrari headers have been known to crack so maybe if you upgrade to better headers like capristo then maybe the oem brackets are just fine?