Remind me to Uber | FerrariChat

Remind me to Uber

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Innovativethinker, Apr 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    #1 Innovativethinker, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I booked a last minute trip to Rome, and was surprised to see this appear on my reminder email to check in, I wonder how much Uber had to pay to get on the email?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
  3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

We always stay at The Hassler. It's in a great location above the Spanish Steps. Get a balcony that overlooks the Vatican.

4. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
  5. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    #5 Innovativethinker, May 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Are those 2 armed guards in the far background across the street standing next to a jeep?

7. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Indeed, that is the American Embassy. Kinda funny; the night before Biden arrived there were 20-25 armed forces with armored vehicles, both American and Italian present. Me and my wife were walking home from dinner around 10 PM, carrying a left over paper bag of wine and water.

We get to the corner to cross over to the hotel and the bag breaks, water bottle hits the sidewalk and explodes with a bang. 25 guys with assault riffles instantly look as us. It's one of those "let's not make any fast moves" moments. I sheepishly scape the glass with my shoe into a pile next to a pole so it isn't in the middle of the sidewalk. We then walk slowly back to the hotel.

Next day at breakfast a secret service agent comes and sits at the table next to us. Probably just a coincidence...