Registration open: Round 2 VIR July 4-5 | FerrariChat

Registration open: Round 2 VIR July 4-5

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, May 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Dear FCRA members:

Registration is now open for the second round of the FCRA championship at VIR on July 4-5.

In order to participate in the FCRA races, you will have to be registered as a track event participant in the 2-day VIR event with Chin Motorsports.* All drivers must be enrolled as current members of Chin Motorsports. All event details, Chin membership enrollment, and Chin track event registration can be found online at www.chinmotorsports.com.

You will need to complete the Chin membership enrollment first, then, you will receive a password to access website registration from Chin. All drivers are asked to provide a summary of track history. Driver classifications in the non-competition*Chin categories at VIR are subject to Chin’s normal driver classification protocols.**

You will have to register for the FCRA races separately.* Registration for both FCRA races of round 2 is $250.* You can email Melissa at [email protected] to register for the event. **She will reply to your email to confirm your information and registration.* *All drivers must be current members of the FCRA (This can be done online at www.ferrariclubracing.com). **Send your $250 registration payment to: *************
    Ferrari Club Racing Association
    *************** 3500 North Hullen Street
    *************** Metairie, LA 70002
    Thanks,
    John

2. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    I've already booke a room at the VIR Lodge and dinner reservations at the Tavern. Can't wait to see the action.

3. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Space is limited at this event so please register asap if you have not already done so.

4. EricGJ02

EricGJ02 Rookie

Apr 14, 2007
    IL, NY, FL
    Full Name:
    E Johnson
    John, we need to make sure the FCRA website provides the information to members as to the detail for this race at VIR. My son John and I will be there and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Eric

5. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #5 johnhoughtaling, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    Eric

I look forward to seeing you both.

I am at the Grand Prix and we are making final plans and I will have them all together when I return. We are exploring a new web site host bc the one we have is poor, but expect updates to each of the members very soon. You should have already received personal instructions on registration and entry fee for the race.

A schedule will follow personally, on the web and here. We will also have FCRA socials planned for the evenings.

We will also be announcing some very exciting news and plans for the future. The FCRA has been extremely well received and we are getting support on several different levels.

6. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just saw this and I will definitely be there as a spectator.

John,
    I've done quite a bit of track photography and if you are looking for some pics for promo/website etc give me a shout out, I'd be happy to help.

7. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

Chris is a great guy and does take some great pics! By the way, Chris, when does the internship with Bugatti begin???

8. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It started in January, supposed to end at the end of the month, but we're going to extend it a month or two.

9. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday evening and Monday!

10. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The grid looks really really good. Even though this was a fill in date, its a holiday, we are splitting time with CHIN and it is crammed in between the FCA national, Montreal and other dates, we will have 25 Ferrari Challenge cars on the Grid. As many as the Ferrari Challenge F1 race!

A Special thanks to Jimmy and Ferrari of Central Florida/Classic Coach. They are hosting a barbeque party after the race on July 4th with Fireworks. All FCRA drives and guests are invited. VIR is an amazing track and we will have a great race. The schedule is such that we will qualify at noon for the first race, and the first heat race will be at the end of the CHIN event at around 5. The second race finishing positions will set the grid qualifying positions for the second heat race which will occur on noon on the 5th. If you've not done so already you need to register independently for with BOTH CHIN and FCRA. Do it asap, if you've not done so already.

I look forward to seeing everyone for Round 2!

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    come say hi.

12. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004