Red Bull Air Race at Indy | FerrariChat

Red Bull Air Race at Indy

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Gerry328, Mar 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    I am planning to take my family to the Red Bull Air Race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this October. Our plan is to attend the practice and qualifying on Saturday, spend the night and do something fun Sunday morning before we drive back.

Any suggestions on where to stay and something fun to do on Sunday?

2. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Sorry, spat coffee all over my keyboard there!

October, Indianapolis, Sunday, something fun? Not happening in one sentence. Should be a good show, hoping they pit the planes along Hulman Way inside the track. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra money to be high in the stands (price and location). Be a small crowd, easy in and out though.

A few interesting places to visit, museums and such, depends on your demographic. We can suggest something maybe relevant.

Where to stay? Downtown would be my choice, nothing to do out on west side or near airport so downtown allows access to good restaurants, Lucas Oil stadium tour and other amenities....

3. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Brian,

Thanks for the note, sorry you got coffee on your keyboard!

We are very open to places to visit, kids and their significant others are all in the mid/late 20s. It has been a very long time since I stayed downtown. However, the event should be fun and there is a good chance the weather will be nice.

4. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Nice areas around the zoo, several museums and other attractions, NCAA hall of fame might fit your 20 somethings.

Might be soccer season, Indy Eleven play downtown @ IUPUI campus, cheap and fun.

Not sure hours but there is a Rolls Royce museum at the airport, Dallara has an interesting tour of their facility, new SI Karting indoors also on Main Street, Speedway, many new erstqaurants down there too, Dawsons of course, but AJs 'winery'/restaurant and more.